My happy /sad day ! !

timsyfz

avoiding the DNR Nazi !
Mar 26, 2008
Mid Michigan
I traded in my truck yesterday.... I was pretty sad to see it go, but the dealership gave me a trade in that was well worth it !! Its an 03 3/4 ton Ram that I paid cash for, and absolutely loved that truck ! !
IMG_20101109_123053.jpg

The happy part of my day was what i traded in for ! !

2010 Ram 1/2 ton with brand new Skyjacker lift, brand new Toyo AT tires, on brand new Helo 18" wheels, and the brand new (matched paint) fender flares
IMG_20101108_141317.jpg

Heres both in my driveway as I was going to turn in my 3/4 ton !
IMG_20101109_112613.jpg

Unfortuneatly I have not found a hood for the 2010 that I like yet so that might have to wait.... Next will be exhaust, CAI, and Programmer.....

I have a 98 1500 ram sport and I absolutly love the truck they talk about tranny problems but I havent had any problems , did you keep your brush guard and will it fit the new truck it would look pretty sweet

i looked closer at the pics and it clearly will not fit also love the all black trim on the old truck

i looked closer at the pics and it clearly will not fit also love the all black trim on the old truck

I had to leave everything on the old truck.... brand new flip screen stereo/DVD player (modded so it can be used while in motion) and my alpine speakers all went with it.....

Thanks also... I love the sport packages, but this is kind of growing on me.... I still wish it was blacked out like the 03 though.

shee i worked ina trans shop and seen way more gm autos fail than mopars theres nothing wrong with those trans,s except the overdrive snap ring is prone to snapping

aside from that nice looking truck tim I:I

mopar did have problems with the 94-01 rams, alot it looked at have or had trannies that seem to go around 90-110K. i bought a 2000 1500 4x4 ext cab with a 360 motor with a rebuilt tranny around 120miles. other one i was looking at was a 98 with rebuilt tranny around 125K miles. another was a 97 with rebuilt tranny around 110K. i dont know if they are better on the 3rd or 4th gen rams.

i made sure i bought one that was rebuilt rather then get one under 100K and then have a 1500 bill right away.