My engine invoice.

Yea it was rebuilt, Hopefully what i've said in this thread has not made anyone mad i'm only speaking from experience i've seen many of times someone pulls out with there 14k quad an gets beat by one that only has 4K invested, It's all in the setup, tuning, an rider. Just look around an find the best deals an the guy that does it for 180 dollars had the fastest banshee at quadfest 2007. He knows his stuff an he will port your cylinder specially for your setup because he knows what the pipe will like.

I would just like to reply to 110 octane. Every gear, bolt seal and whatever else could be done to the bottom end and tranny was done. All replaced or measured with a micrometer to give optimum performane.

As for freak I know fast motors can be built on a budget. My true pride and joy is my CJ-7. I did every bolt in the engine. 530 HP. Only thing I didn't do is the machining and drive train. I smoked a CJ-5 with a corvette LS engine at the team mud bogs last year. But you know I would not even try to compare my jeep to his. He has over $80,000 in his jeep while I only have about $6,000 in mine plus what I paid for it and misc. things that have broke. His jeep also never breaks and mine does, because of that budget. I have been through 4 trannys, infinite drive lines, a rear end that I had to weld at a competition just to even run. It shattered the spider gears in the first heat, shattered my dana 300 case, and I've even had to rebuild the bottom end after I starved number 1 rod bearing. So I know all about the make it fast and skip the reliability issue. So you know my jeep has a AMC 401 stroker motor built by ME! It has over sized intake valve's (2.08) stock exhaust valves for exhaust back pressure, Pocket ported runners. It has a forged crank and rods with domed piston's 10.5:1 compression. Air Gap intake. Barry Grant race demon Carb(1050 cfm). Mallory full programmable digital ignition and distributor. It has Crane rollor cam .555 valve lift 320 valve duration. It has a 3500 stall(727 torqeflite) convertor and redlines at about 7500 RPM. It ran 4.1 seconds in 300 yards with paddles in the sand. So talk to me about the budget build to be faster and jepardise everthing else.

Ok so if you budget build something also why do you try to jump all on me when i said one could be built for less then half the money to beat it?? Then you start saying you'll do anything to save a penny an all that sh*t.

I don't think any of that was called for. an mine is reliable because if i know it's going to break or something in the future is gonna happen i won't do it. I don't want my stuff to fall apart when i'm soaring 20 foot through the air.

Your exact words were whoop. No way any blaster is going to whoop this one. I'm sure there are some that would win but not whoop. That might be the reason for my hostility. I'm not going to see nothing but dust from the way you made it sound.

Well i'm ready to leave well enough alone if you are.

i went from a 600 Q-Jet to a 600 Eddie and have had nothing but trouble, its a 1982 Trans Am facotry 305 smog controlled motor with an emissions delete on it, thats the reason for the carb change, i found it has a leak right where the exhaust manifold meets the head so i think that was the bug of my tuning issues, i think i have it now it ran fine this morning, started easy warmed up like usual and ran perfectly, every once in a while now tho i get a spit-a sputter- a pop- and then a surge of power and every once in a while its kinda hard to start, like a lack of fuel pressure almost

oh and i forgot to note the feedback sensor on the dist. has been taken care of and the computer is bypassed, so now its just tuning issues, i do also believe i maybe have a leaky valve seal, it only has 76k on it (unbelievable) but when i put valve cover gaskets on it there was a mass amount of crud in there, looked like a black 5th avenue candy bar to put it in terms, i just have to make this engine make it until winter time kause then i'll be swapping it for a 395 stroker SB

It would be nice to stuff a 454 in her.

It was a biotch just gettin the 305 in my car we had to bend the firewall. I've got the 90 camaro RS first year of the new 3.1L v6 we jerked that sh*t out an threw a performer small block v8 in her. My motor has every bit of 10185 miles on her. the motor is completely rebuilt. we ditched the stock 305 heads an put some HO heads on her bumped the power up just a lil more i'm looking into porting.

I also don't have the computer on mine it's all done away with.

Spits and sputters can be lots of things. Could a power valve in the carb but the carb your using is a little older so that is probably not the case. A big spit and sputter on chevy small blocks is the damn sloppy valve seals. However when the engine warms up that should not be and issue. Also a sloppy timing chain can cause that as well. If the engine is idling or cruising and you punch it the timing has to catch up with a stretced chain. Let me have more details as to when these problems are occuring and when. Hot, Cold, High RPM ,low RPM,...etc.........