My complete rebuild..

yes se-r

Aug 6, 2009
Long Island, NY
made a thread in the intro section..but figured i'd put this here

got a 2000 blaster in poor condition in a trade..trying to bring it back to life.

picked up a new clutch (vito's hp)
new gasket set
cleaning out the motor for all metal shavings and misc sh*t that doesnt belong in it..

ill update this with pics and progress..

currently i have the crankcase cover and clutch plate soaking in gas..unfortunately i cant get the whole bottom end to soak like i would like to because the bucket i am using is just shy of being the right fit..

question: how does the clutch hub come off? is it reverse threads?

anyone on how to get the stupid hub off? in attempt to pull it off the wrong way, i used vise grips and cracked one of the bolt carriers, now i need a new hub

anyone on how to get the stupid hub off? in attempt to pull it off the wrong way, i used vise grips and cracked one of the bolt carriers, now i need a new hub

I dont know how the new ones are built. "reverse threads"? I got an 89blaster and the hubs were froze to the shaft so i used a gear puller on them. Check though to see if thats the issue first though before using a puller. Also in doing a rebuild i reccomend investing like $8 bucks in a "service manual". Its helped me out lots. But mine was in pieces when i got it. Look forward to some pics.

got the hub off, it isnt reverse thread. i order the clymer manual, still waiting on its arrival.

just ordered some fresh bolts, sparkplug, cleaned the k&n filter, pulled the clutch, cleaned the head, gearbox. etc.
got an all new gasket set.
post pics tomorrow

clymer manual recieved today.
gasket set, not that you guys dont know what they look like:
0809092013.jpg

got the fenders off, cleaned em..sanded them, ready for primer and some paint-havent decided what color to do yet

laquored off the stupid black that the plastic was painted with, sanded down the front fenders..and stripped most of the paint off the back
primered/sprayed the front: metallic blue..doesnt look bad-10x better than the black!

pics:
downsized_0811091821a.jpg

i was thinking of what color to paint the frame..i'm between black silver and white. leaning more towards white

laquored off the stupid black that the plastic was painted with, sanded down the front fenders..and stripped most of the paint off the back
primered/sprayed the front: metallic blue..doesnt look bad-10x better than the black!

pics:
downsized_0811091821a.jpg

i was thinking of what color to paint the frame..i'm between black silver and white. leaning more towards white
What kind of paint you use? If you used normal spray paint it will crack off.......

more progress...
0814091905.jpg

0814091905a.jpg

0814091904.jpg

0816091438.jpg

keep in mind im on an extremely tight budget, and yes i will admit cut some corners..

but its 10x better than it was when i first picked it up. i resprayed the frame black so now i just need the clutch basket to come and im ready to put everything back together..