my buggy build using all blaster parts

dont forget to upgrade your clutch duder. more power plus big tires equates bad for the stock clutch.
oh and i would suggest a banshee axle to widen it out some.

This is the meanest build I have seen in awhile! Major rep for the work you put into this. I would HIGHLY suggest beefing up the clutch and I can't say enough about the importance of suspension. Get some stiff shocks and a heavy clutch with strong springs with different gearing and you will have the meanest ride around. I would also suggest a large air scoop above the seat to throw even more air at the motor. Those seats block alot of air flow. After the suspension throw a 240 bbk, stroker crank, and a meaner pipe on that sucker and hold on tight 'cause it's gunna be wilder than any eight second ride! And I can also recommend that you NEVER EVER weld without an approved protection mask. I have had welders flash before and you DON'T want it. It is the most terrible thing I have ever experienced. It feels like someone lifts up your eyelid and dumps a mix of sand and salt in it and grinds it around. So please wear a mask or don't post pictures of you welding without a mask. That is your choice but don't influence the youngin's to do dumb stuff! Jeez....lol

Fun project ... I love brew creation recreation ... burp ... when tacking pieces together for fitment I seldom use a helmet (but I do use safety glasses & gloves) ... If ya can't pop a tack on with your eyes closed ya haven't done much welding. Hopefully anyone attempting to weld will understand it is unwise to look at the arc :)
rep to ya I:I

thx for the comments fella's. in the pics thats my buddy doing all the major welding. we did wear masks for all the major welding. just nor tacking stuff.

also as for the clutch i was worried/ wondering how the stock one would hold up. but it works great even with 2 people in the buggy. i do plan to go 4 up on the rear sprocket to get more excelleration from her. (she is pretty fast already though)

here is a video of me catching some air when i was riding the other day. i was in 3rd gear peddle to the floor when I took lift off. lol, not bad for a 650 pound buggy. plus 200 pound driver.

custom mini buggy catching air at haspin acres - YouTube

also her is a couple pics of the buggy after breaking the Tie-rod. i broke it the weekend before the video above^. I just welded the beast back up and it works like a champ. i plan to buy some nice aftermarket ones this winter.

buggy3.jpg

it has a slight problem with Toe-In on one side. LOL

buggy4.jpg

and here's why.

buggy5.jpg

Last edited:
Dang lol I would upgrade those to chromoly tie rods because it is almost impossible to bend but it looks like it was your bolt not your tie rod itself.

I was goin through my extensive picture archives the other day and found another Bluggy project. I'll post them up for ya to check out.

0bea_1.jpg

4cd9_1.jpg

nice job! I agree with what they said, throw some extra monies into it and you will have a crazy ride! I would love to see some donuts with that bad boy

This is the meanest build I have seen in awhile! Major rep for the work you put into this. I would HIGHLY suggest beefing up the clutch and I can't say enough about the importance of suspension. Get some stiff shocks and a heavy clutch with strong springs with different gearing and you will have the meanest ride around. I would also suggest a large air scoop above the seat to throw even more air at the motor. Those seats block alot of air flow. After the suspension throw a 240 bbk, stroker crank, and a meaner pipe on that sucker and hold on tight 'cause it's gunna be wilder than any eight second ride! And I can also recommend that you NEVER EVER weld without an approved protection mask. I have had welders flash before and you DON'T want it. It is the most terrible thing I have ever experienced. It feels like someone lifts up your eyelid and dumps a mix of sand and salt in it and grinds it around. So please wear a mask or don't post pictures of you welding without a mask. That is your choice but don't influence the youngin's to do dumb stuff! Jeez....lol

I feel you on that welders flash! Had it happen to me. Had it for two days before it started to get better. It Hurt my eye sight to. I have to use reading glasses now.

. 1996BlasterBoy

Dang lol I would upgrade those to chromoly tie rods because it is almost impossible to bend but it looks like it was your bolt not your tie rod itself.

I plan to buy to nice aftermarket ones this winter.

.yamaha28

nice job! I agree with what they said, throw some extra monies into it and you will have a crazy ride! I would love to see some donuts with that bad boy

I promise to get some donut videos this weekend with it! Ur not the only one to ask about that.

.tertal

is it still kick start? and +1 for originality man lol.

Thx, and yes it's still kick start.

.schmidtsandwich

props man, but youre crazy for cutting apart a perfectly good blaster, it looks fun, did you have to regear?

Beer is ur buddy when u try dumb stuff lol. And no I haven't rear geared it yet. Plan to go up 4 in the rear and down 1 in the front eventually. I'm planning to run like 25 inch tires later.

haha ... passed the donut test, that thing is crazy long and skinny though. Gotta give props for just frankensteinin that thing but I would have to agree I would have built a custom buggy frame or built new mounts for the frame you had. As long as your havin fun though right .... Now you need some wheel spacers ...I:I

good job some thing diffrent i like to see but yeah i have to agree shame you did not make some mounts so you change between the buggy and the quad mate but awsome all the same tho :) :)

Awesome build. My only question is did the frame bow or bend at all? It just seems with how long it is, you would have some problems with it flexing