My '03 Project - REBOOT!

none of you guys raggin jon know sh*t about what quad best fits his needs
if jon thinks a 450 will better suit his riding area and style, then go for it, and good luck with your sales jon.

if that fails to fill his needs, he can always ditch the 450 to build another bigger, better, faster blaster

id keep the 4 mil, you got so much into em, youll never see that in a cash sale. someone just told me that last week??? do what you do man, ride what you ride, its all good!!! got a 450 lined up? any pics???

Well, after getting raked over the coals lastnight (LOL!), I have been thinking about the situation a little bit. I realize it would be a shame to sell this 4mil and not get the potential revenue that a full part would generate. Being how I am kind of sentimental anyway I would hate to pull apart a perfectly good machine like this one anyhow. So..... I plan to rock on with it I suppose.

I have concluded to keep the 2006 up for sale and part out the suspension from my Warrior. That will bring in a good chunk of change as well and then I can save the rest through the summer from my side projects and jobs. That way I can still get a 450r, keep my gf on the Warrior, and still have a badass 2smoke Blasty.

Lets see what the future holds...

Well, after getting raked over the coals lastnight (LOL!), I have been thinking about the situation a little bit. I realize it would be a shame to sell this 4mil and not get the potential revenue that a full part would generate. Being how I am kind of sentimental anyway I would hate to pull apart a perfectly good machine like this one anyhow. So..... I plan to rock on with it I suppose.

I have concluded to keep the 2006 up for sale and part out the suspension from my Warrior. That will bring in a good chunk of change as well and then I can save the rest through the summer from my side projects and jobs. That way I can still get a 450r, keep my gf on the Warrior, and still a have badass 2smoke Blasty.

Lets see what the future holds...

Glad to hear that the raking worked :p

We all feel on here, like we know the other people when in reality we're all a bunch of screen names on the interwebs.... That being said I think you're making the right decision keeping the Blue Meanie and "exploring other options" to fund the 450r you want. Plus, when the 450r is down getting new valves put in the head you'll have something to ride! I:I :D

Trust me. No valvage issues are going to be had. I will not and do not ride that hard.

well, my turd has been sitting like this for a month or so now. ever since i sold the shock and swingarm off of it i have really had no motivation to even mess with it.

100_3954.jpg

until, last week when i realized i had some left over ebay bucks. so i got to hunting a z400 shock. found a good deal and jumped on it.

100_3984.jpg

now i am thinking of getting a KOR bushing set for it.

sadly this is probably as far as i will get putting it back together for a while. lol

Prolly a stupid question but, why did you sell your set-up in the first place?

i hated the +4 tbh. too long for my liking and the shock/mount setup interfered with my air intake setup. i'm going to go with a +2 or +3 setup whenever the next blue moon is around lmao!!!!

plus,i kind of put the money to better use. i didn't really need to sell it, but anything extra is always good especially since i didn't hardly ride it much.

Right, right. That makes sense. U should have tater build u one. It's a sh*t ton cheaper than an aftermarket and I can't say enough good things about his work. Any size you want...

oh yeah, tater is a good guy. i know his sh*t will work great and hold up. my thing is that stock arms look like sh*t to me lol. i didn't have any trouble with the aftermarket one either.

Hahaha, already 420 huh?
I can't see any diff in mine vs a aftermarket. Everything bolted right up, carrier, chain guide and skid plate. BAM! I think I got a pic in my rebuild photo album...
6759-all-painted.jpg

Also, the stickers aren't hiding anything, it's smooth. I just liked em cause they said 'Balls' hahahaha!!!