My '03 Project - REBOOT!

almost there...

102_3830.jpg

102_3831.jpg

102_3832.jpg

102_3833.jpg

102_3834.jpg

i know james posted pics already, but they just do not do this port work any justice. it is just amazing to me. everything is uniform in it. just top notch in my book. gonna start on it tonight assembling and getting a clutch pack installed and my stator and flywheel put in.

bored at work today so i busted out the dremel and did some work on the head. still debating whether or not i'll do the jug fins also.

102_3837.jpg

102_3838.jpg

got back on it after work this evening. didn't plan to go this far, but i am pleased with the outcome.

100_1379.jpg

100_1378.jpg

100_1380.jpg

100_1381.jpg

100_1382.jpg

100_1383.jpg

100_1384.jpg

BAM!
100_1386.jpg

looked for my drain plug, but didn't locate it so i'm at a stand still until i can get one. just knocked the paint off the side cover is all. no plans to polish it or anything. i may do the same thing to the kicker and shifter, but that is to be determined later.

That raw edge look is "Micky Mouse" (Grouse, an Assie saying for fantastic).

The the jug looks the same with the alum highlights.

While waiting for drain plug, take the challenge and take the top off the marking for the oil level by the filler, other than looking Grouse, it may save some poor sob who views the pic, from over filling the gearbox.

Last edited:
Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in order to move forward with some things. I am sad to have to let it sit for a little while, but I corked up the ole KOR motor with the stock exhaust and I don't have a stock carb to keep it running. She will wake up again one day when I can afford another carb and a Toomey B1. :(

DSCN3827.jpg

DSCN3828.jpg

Remove before flight, cork before storage. LOL!
DSCN3829.jpg

On the bright side though, got the 4mil done. Busted my butt all morning to get her done. It leak tested perfect and the compression tested at 145psi(if i read the gauge right lol). Hopefully I will gain about 10 more lbs of comp after the break in process.

100_1393.jpg

Extended the velocity tube out a bit more as well for more room.
100_1392.jpg

100_1394.jpg

DSCN3830.jpg

DSCN3831.jpg

DSCN3832.jpg

DSCN3833.jpg

I am also in the process of uploading a vid of the first start up and heat cycle on Youtube. I will provide a link shortly....B)

Sweet! 3 kicks to start a new build fresh build. I am ecstatic. And soon to be deaf...LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
145? It might gain about 5psi after breakin putting it at a nice even 150. I was aiming a little higher than that (155psi) but 150psi is acceptable. If it's lower before it's over let me know, I'll chop up another head! ;)

^^^^ Sent from my mobile and I couldn't listen to the video :D

That thing sounds great. I can't hear in the video hardly any engine noise. It sounds like it's just ticking on along nice and quiet.

Oh, and I told you wrong. The oil drain plug is in between "fine" (1.25) and "course" (1.75). The correct thread pitch is M12 x 1.50. I picked up one today while I was at work and will mail it out Monday with a brand new nylon drain plug washer. It'll smush out before taking the threads out of the plug hole or rounding the drain plug hex ;)

I put in a 145 main. Up from a 140. Its way rich, but its for break in only. Going back with a 142 or 140.

Speedy: i will find an exhaust at a later time. Hopefully a Toomey.