Movin on up...to a new shop :)

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
just recently hooked back up with an old buddy, we both showed up at the same time to bid on a job.
i'm talking good buddy, and no sense for us to be going against each other when we could be a force combined I:I

we decided we needed a shop
a few days ago, we moved all our construction stuff into the new place.
but it gets better :D
he's into building streetbikes, mainly gsxr/busa's, and has won many shows with his personal busa. (i'll get pics today)
besides storage for all our tools, toys ect. (my blastys are headed there before weeks end)

he plans to open a streetbike customizing shop, and i might as well jump in for some atv stuff.
he's already got a powder coating set-up, and i Will talk him into building an oven big enuf to do frames once we get set-up.

it's 3 degrees out here today, but a balmy 60+ in the shop, headed there to build a set of brakes asap :)

here's some pics:

the new shop
2ivk5j8.jpg

this pic is from only 1/2 way back, the workspace is huge, with a tool room, office and bathroom
z95qq.jpg

we're allowing the previous owner to store his pontoon boat and sh*tload of furniture until spring, thats my buddies decked out razr
xmv5g1.jpg

the Danger Ranger hauling the goods :)
2vxj6v6.jpg

n5mo3n.jpg

a quick shot i took of the rear fat tire set-up on his busa
152dl6b.jpg

It looks very similar to the original Orange County Choppers building...lol looks great! I plan to do the same thong when I get a workshop and a house.

Room for more toys!!!Woot Woot!! Nice looking shop brotha. Did you say a pc setup? Sweet!!!

Very nice. I hope you do setup for powder coating. I would like to be one of your customers. There's some BMW parts I would like to get done to.

Looks like a good shop! Did you buy or lease the building? I'm going to have to drive up one weekend and check it out after the Polar Vortex leaves us in PA.

going to be at least until springtime when that damn pontoon boat and furniture hits the road before we set-up for powder coating.
we discussed it today and are going to build small rooms w/ exhaust along that back wall for spraying the powder, another for the oven, possibly a small paint room/booth and a grinding/welding room to keep dirt/dust to a minimum in the main shop area.

i built my first set of brakes today at the new place and other than the 65 degrees, it sucked. i gotta get a workbench set-up like at my garage, where everything is within arms reach, and a good vise. I'll work on that stuff in the next few weeks.

no more stick welding for me I:I
unless the job calls for heavy duty......
2sbjw3k.jpg

my buddy has more manual labor tools than any one man should own,
I told him today those types of tools don't fit my hands :D
2iqzgq9.jpg

tool room
hv1507.jpg

and more of the 'Busa in the office area

2jdkhs3.jpg

287m0es.jpg

161coip.jpg

2rejqdt.jpg

and this is where a blue bottle of insanity sits.....
259afeu.jpg

Congrats Joe, that's awesome. I'm looking forward to see some cool chit come out of there. How far is it from your house. Like they said in step brother "Look at all this room for activities".

The new shop treating you good so far?

oh yeah, lots of room, storage, heat, nice office with a desk, flatscreen tv,
but i was missing a vise and proper workbench for building the gsxr brakes though.
should be able to bang a set out in a couple hours tomorrow :)

helped my partner change the oil in his duramax today too, after laying on the floor, he was looking at a catalog for a lift :)
oil.jpg

Last edited: