Motor diying out

blastngo92

Jul 7, 2010
Louisiana
Well today i decided to go have a ride, got on everything was running fine and how it should and i get up to second gear and it slowly dies out, after further inspection i see that i only have half of the oil in the bottom end than there should be... i just changed the oil on easter. what. the. acual. f*ck.
i would do a leakdown test but i dont have a leakdown tester, but thats about to change any suggestions? thanks

unless it's leaking trans oil, it has to be burning it, which leads to a bad clutch side crank seal
was it smoking badly ???
if that oil is getting into the cylinder it possibly fouled the plug,
a leakdown test will confirm a blown crank seal
have you tried a new plug ?
then check the reeds

Alright i let it sit While i was cooking supper, i ran it again and it was wirking just fine, what the hell? No it wasnt smoking any more than normal and it dosent smoke as much anyway, but im not taking chances, tomorow il do a compression test, clean the carb, check the reeds, and pull off the pipe and see if somethings wrong as suggested, il have to get a leak down tester from slick, thanks alot guys

When was the last time the carb was cleaned? My freinds did the same thing ran fine till u have it gas. Found out hus float was.stuck

Clogged pet weiner, dirt in the fuel line or needle and seat, sticking float.

The float support posts could have a groove causing the float to stick up.

for sure has to be one of those. that or something else is wrong? does it have a lose of power that u know off?

alright last time i cleand the carb was saturday, i pulled it down and carb. was fine, i cleaned it anyway, the reeds were good too, i did a compression test and i came out with 70 psi, dont have a leakdown tester but from what i saw thru the spark plug hole and the intake prot theres no carbon bulidup wich is good, but the spark plug looked a little oil fouled, so i replaced it, lets see what happens... also i noticed on the intake port the was a little bit of black grainy residue, idk what it is..

Attachments

• DSCN2216.jpg
    DSCN2216.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 79

i forgot to look at that but il look at it while the gas tank is still off tomorow, i cleaned it out not too long ago as well bc no gas flow to my carb. >_<

70psi, it surprises me that it even started.

Did you kick it until the compression stopped rising or only kick it once?

Tried again and after 9 kicks with the throttle open i have 120 psi and it dosent go more , is that a norm. Compression? I thought i shpuld be at like 170