Votes: 109 35.4%
  • quadzilla

Votes: 79 25.6%
  • honda 250r

Votes: 65 21.1%
  • ktm 505sx

Votes: 13 4.2%

• Total voters
i wish they would have kept the banshee in its original form and also designed a frame like the yfz450 around the motor and have different variations of motor chassis setups size/power wise i think that would have been awsome

Every Suzuki I have owned has been more reliable than the Yamaha's I have owned. I like all bikes, just favor Suzuki from my experiences.

Being a 250R fan (I have 2), I have to go with the 250R overall. If I was getting a toy to ride around on all day with friends, the 250R is hard to beat. Light, easy to ride, handles great, very good power.
Straight line, Quadzilla. They don't call it the 'Quadzilla' for nothing.
But something has to be said about the Banshee like a lot of the other posts. Longest running production quad. They are scary fast, I just hate the way they handle and jump pretty poor too.
The Blaster...yes...in a group of it's own. When I just want to play around or blow off some steam after work...the vote goes to my Blaster.

Attachments

• twinsd.jpg
    twinsd.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 177
No it wouldnt. A banshee is only like 3 inches longer stock than a blaster.

So a Blaster with a +4 swingarm and a +3 axle and +3 A arms is actually longer and wider than a banshee.

my banshee beside my blaster definatly looks longer then 3 inches and the blaster is much lighter

and my stock shee is wider then my blaster which is +5 front and back.

No it isnt.

Look up the specs.

Blaster is 68.3” x 40.7” x 40.9”
Banshee is 73.0” x 43.3” x 42.5”

So, banshee is 4.2 inches longer, and its 2.6 inches wider.

My Blaster with my tires flipped in the front and my 3 inch spacers in the back absolutely IS wider than a stock Banshee. Ive physically measured them myself to make sure theyll both fit on a trailer.

Actually a Blaster with +3 +1 A arms, a +4 swinger, and a Banshee axle or some wheel spacers would actually be wider and longer than a stock banshee.

I believe you that you measured but if your numbers dont match what I posted, Yours isnt stock.

This is straight from Yamahas site. My buddy has a stock banshee in terms of frame/body/wheels. Ive measured mine vs his. My measurements are correct to what I found on Yamahas site. Your wheels being flipped is affecting your measurements. If you flip the front wheels it will make it wider on a banshee as well. Pretty sure the rears would as well, especially if theyre not stock, you could make your bike wider with different offset wheels, etc.

My point in saying what I did was, with the type of HP a banshee makes, you would NOT need a +8 swingarm to handle it. A +4 would be fine if you didnt go crazy on the mods for the engine.

This is hypothetical though, you cant fit a banshee engine in a blaster frame without crazy modifications anyway, and Ive never seen anyone do it.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspecs/2/0/specs.aspx - Banshee specs from Yamaha directly
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspecs/47/0/specs.aspx - Blaster specs from Yamaha directly

No it isnt.

Look up the specs.

Blaster is 68.3” x 40.7” x 40.9”
Banshee is 73.0” x 43.3” x 42.5”

So, banshee is 4.2 inches longer, and its 2.6 inches wider.

My Blaster with my tires flipped in the front and my 3 inch spacers in the back absolutely IS wider than a stock Banshee. Ive physically measured them myself to make sure theyll both fit on a trailer.

Actually a Blaster with +3 +1 A arms, a +4 swinger, and a Banshee axle or some wheel spacers would actually be wider and longer than a stock banshee.
mybe this didnt cross your mind, but if you put a banshee axle on a blaster....how could it be wider? unless you figure some wierd offset for wheels.....if the balster has the stcok width axle from a shee....they should be the same width.....

but as stated...not worth the hassle to install a shee engine in a blaster....i have however seen one in a trx250r chassis..much better idea....

Ok, ok, so it would be AS wide as a stock banshee. Mine with my 3 inch wheel spacers in the back on my stock blaster is slightly wider. So just use wheel spacers.

Who cares really lol?

you are partially correct. you are referring to the RZ350..which uses a similar design engine. it has a different gearing in the trans, and also has power valves. another bike is the RD350 which is even closer to the same as the banshee engine.

i agree with you in the fact that hondas and yamahas are reliable..and suzukis, well arent nearly as......

and the blaster should have been a 250r competitor....not a beginer air fooler...

thanx for the info as a gearhead I always love learning new stuff,so the gearing is differant and its powervalved?Now I need one on my Blaster frame lol I know what them powevalves are all about having owned a quadracer(still junk though lol)and of course by my name a 98 SRX 700(those powervalves are what make me destroy ZRT 900s and MACHZ 809s like its going out of style lol)Somebody said its hard to put a Banshee motor in a Blaster but Ive seen one on this site and It didnt look like there were ANY frame mods other than the obvious mounts the "spine"looked to be in its stock location, at least to me.So what I am getting at is shouldnt I be able to drop this RZ350 motor in as easily as Banshee motor, and could I use Banshee drag pipes as I already know those would be far easier to fit than conventional style pipes.

i believe teh port setup is different as well, plus you have to mounbt the servos and al the wiring for the pwervalves. swapping transmissions is easy..you could put a banshee trans in teh RZ setup...