More troubles

I'm going to bring to Yamaha dealer. It has to be after market due to totally diff thread pattern and don't want to mess up the threads so I can put OEM one back on

I'm going to bring to Yamaha dealer. It has to be after market due to totally diff thread pattern and don't want to mess up the threads so I can put OEM one back on

I'd hold off on that. If you bring it in, they'll have to split the case, disassemble and all sorts of charges. Unless you already have everything split, then disregard ^^

I know it's frustrating, but dowse it in PB/WD over night. Get yourself a 3 jaw puller at a hardware store. Most likely going to need a new stator. Can you post pics?

Is it rusted? Any hard water spots of build up anywhere?

IMG_0496.jpg

So even tho the thread is fine on the puller and coarse on the flywheel in which you can easily see the thread difference the fine thread still is supposed to work? And I did clean it to back to shiny new again and still nothing.

Post a picture of the flywheel threads and the flywheel puller, but yes that is the correct size puller that you have for the flywheel as long as that flywheel is stock

Sorry just noticed picture ..is the front threads on the flywheel stripped at all? It looks a little rough in the beginning

It's not too bad. I can take better pics tomorrow once off work. Gotta love night shift work lol. But it seems to turn about half way on. So the threads even tho totally diff thread match is correct because I was thinking it would just strip it more on the first couple threads cause it looked as if that's what it started to do

It's not too bad. I can take better pics tomorrow once off work. Gotta love night shift work lol. But it seems to turn about half way on. So the threads even tho totally diff thread match is correct because I was thinking it would just strip it more on the first couple threads cause it looked as if that's what it started to do

It looked like mine was starting to strip as well but it ended up going on... but yes that is the correct flywheel puller for the blaster flywheel..you can try to hold the flywheel and crank it on there with a wrench, I tryed so many times and couldn't get it so I let the thread compound dry in the puller for a couple days left some Pb in the flywheel and i said let me give this one more shot before I tap the 2 front holes and magically it threaded perfectly on...I would try the same thing that I did because I was in your position as wel

You could be right about it being aftermarket but I doubt it is .. try what I said with the compound and soaking it over night before doing anything drastic

I'll do the thread compound tomorrow morning and that's good to know it's the same thread I'll try both tomorrow if not then idk. But hope all goes well as did for you.. thanks

Reactions: Jre720
Lastly how can you tell if fly wheel is stock or was your flywheel the same thread spacing as mine in the pic

I wish I took a picture I'm really not sure and Im honestly not sure how to tell if it's stock but i hope you can get it the way I did let us know