More troubles

Jre720

Dec 26, 2016
Finally get the flywheel side seal I've been waiting 3 weeks for , go to thread the magneto puller and I realize the flywheel had been previously stripped any ideas on how to get it off I tryed threading it in my hand and with a wrench and it won't thread but a half turn

Make sure the washer is off crank shaft, back center bolt out almost completely, and thread is left handed.
Worse case is weld it :(
Search "Stripped flywheel" for other ideas !

Yea I tryed everything I could :( I know it's left handed it won't go in past one thread it's very frustrating I guess I'm gona get this thing off by any means and see at the end if I will need a new one lol

Finally get the flywheel side seal I've been waiting 3 weeks for , go to thread the magneto puller and I realize the flywheel had been previously stripped any ideas on how to get it off I tryed threading it in my hand and with a wrench and it won't thread but a half turn.

take a small v- file make some relief grooves in the pullers threads add anti seize to puller's threads so that the damaged flywheel threads can be chased by your puller. This may allow you to tighten your puller on into the damaged flywheel's threads. No guarantee 4 - 6 reliefs on the puller will work. Then use new puller to remove flywheel.

Been trying everything I can and still can't pop it off will try that next if anything and I break it off where can I get a flywheel I only see used ones on eBay

Been trying everything I can and still can't pop it off will try that next if anything and I break it off where can I get a flywheel I only see used ones on eBay

Break it off ?
You'll probably break the end off the crank !

You can thread the 2 holes on the face of the flywheel, careful to not hit the stator coils with the tap, then use a 2 jaw harmonic dampner puller and 2 bolts. Harbor freight has them cheap, and Autozone/advance auto will loan them out with a deposit.

eBay for a used flywheel is your best bet.

I have a jaw puller what size do I thread the holes to whatever the bolts are or a specific size?

So I managed to get the flywheel off a few days ago ...I decided let me give the puller one more try threaded in perfectly I am so puzzled I had 3 people try and it didn't work and all of a sudden it did, guess the pb blaster soaked away the rust and it worked...

Anyways put in the crank seal was still blowing air so I determined it was the base gasket did a top end fired it up and no more problems that is 1 out of 2 done thanks for the help everyone :cool:

2002 Yamaha Blaster 200. I am having problems taking off the flywheel. I have bought the fly wheel puller size M27X1.0 L.H External Thread but can't get it to thread on after first thread. I have tried and tried again. Do they take different sizes, or is that the wrong size that I found online. I'm trying to get it off to replace the stator to have her back and running again

m27x1.0 LH is the right one. maybe there is dirt or rust in the threads? Also use a little WD40 on the threads when you screw the flywheel remover on.

I've done that as well, and still can't get but half a turn onto it. So I was thinking to get that pb blaster and see if that works better today

Dumb question, but are you threading it on left or right? The flywheel is left handed threads.

Spray pb or Ed on the threads and use a wire brush to clean the hell out of them.

You can see if the threads are stripped or not. If they're jacked, you've got another problem.

I'm threading to the left. So just used wire brush and alot of wd40 and u can see that the first two threads are a lil messed up. But doesn't look as bad to where I can't with a little force get it to tighten on. Might have to get a re threader

Believe it or not I had this exact same issue and tryed everything ..prying it off using the tool and anything else you can think of...I ended up putting a threading compound on the flywheel pulling tool , along with a bunch of pb blaster on the flywheel threads , let both of them sit for a few days and the puller threaded right on :)

What kind of threading compound did you use. I'll do that today and see how it goes. :)

I can't say for sure if the pb soaked the rust out of the flywheel threads or if the compound worked on the tools threads but that was the 2 things I did after trying about 100 times lol it was actually a pipe threading compound comes in a little tube the same RTV would

I just realized I got the right size flywheel puller but my fly wheel threads are coarse thread and puller is fine thread. Idk why I didn't realize from the beginning due to it says would fit my blaster. Are yalls flywheel coarse thread as well? Just wanting to make sure to let that site know it's not the right fit or if my flywheel is not stock

I'm looking online for different ones and all look fine thread so idk if mine is different. That's deff a reason why it won't do but tighten maybe first or second one on the flywheel

They're all the same you just need to get the rust out of the flywheel threads unless it's stripped read this whole post because I had the same issue

So even tho the thread is fine on the puller and coarse on the flywheel in which you can easily see the thread difference the fine thread still is supposed to work? And I did clean it to back to shiny new again and still nothing.