More problems

blastngo92

Jul 7, 2010
Louisiana
Not sure if anyone remembers me seeing as I haven't been on in a long time
Blaster broke down a while before but I didn't bother with it because I was restoring my dads banshee
Now there's a race in October I wanna ride in
And I saw another guy riding a blaster down the road so I figure il do the blaster some working on it

Well a while back I was riding it down the roAd and I heard a rather loud Chink noise coming from the motor and it started rapidly downshifting

I hope it's not my piston but I've looked in the clutch cover and nothing's wrong there and now I'm trying to get off my over tourqed bolts on my flywheel

Any idea what it could be?

^^+1 Does the engine turn when you kick it? Sounds to me like you either have a four point seizure or the piston is shot. Definitely do a leak test before ripping it apart.

That was the first thing I did, all my seals and gaskets are good
The piston does turn over when I kick it

Also I opened the clutch case side to see if anything I recently worked on had come apart but everything looks normal on that side
Clutch plates are good and everything moves like its supposed to

Kick starter spring managed to rip that clutch cover gasket when I was putting it back on... So I can't put that together until I get another gasket

FINALLY got to pull it apart

the piston skirting is still in one piece and I took the plug out and the top of the piston looks fine

I'm thinking as soon as I can find work I'm just gonna rebuild it

Today I think il pull the jug off and get a good look but I don't see anything wrong with the piston from the intakes point of view