More power?

blasterkiidirl

Dec 10, 2010
Ireland Cork
I'M looking to get more out of my blaster for racing. I want more power with out losing too much low end. My engine was ported, had the head modded, ran a 28mm pwk and had a full fmf sst pipe a and gave 28hp on the dyno. The carb is now bored out to 31mm and i have a brand new cylinder ported by the same guy but I have been told its doen to different specs (i havent got it yet) and the head has been changed as well to give even more compression so i woul think it should put out 30hp or so... What else should i do before I get it tuned. I was thinking of making up an airbox or buying 1, lightening the fly wheel and advancing the timing and maybe changing the exhaust? Also would putting a 34mm carb be overkill on a standard bore and stroke blaster?

My opinion the carb ur running will be fine. There are many exhaust reviews on here, but ur gonna sacrifice a lil low end power for top end or sacrifice a lil top end for lower end power. I believe with the advanced timing and head mod you will proly need to run 100 octane fuel or higher. Sicivicdude makes a good airbox

My opinion the carb ur running will be fine. There are many exhaust reviews on here, but ur gonna sacrifice a lil low end power for top end or sacrifice a lil top end for lower end power. I believe with the advanced timing and head mod you will proly need to run 100 octane fuel or higher. Sicivicdude makes a good airbox

I'm running 98 iv been told to run 98 or higher.

200 or so is the max cc in the blaster/raptor class isn't it? So no Big Bores?
I'd say you'd get away with a stroker crank though.
Get yourself a decent airbox and reeds, make the world of difference.
If you have the money.. SMS Aluminum Air Box

You're hardly falling too far behind on power in the Blaster class? Most I've seen are fairly standard.

I do believe the +4 timing mod is detrimental if running a rechambered head.

You could run a heaiver oil mix for added compression.