more of the regal!!!

02yamaturd

Apr 18, 2010
pa
changed the supercharger oil today....man did it need it!!!!
IMAG0096.jpg

then i brushed the dust off my buffer, gave her a quick buff, then through a coat of wax on her....man am i proud of my grandpa car!!!!haha
IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

Love them regals.. needa brush up on your buffing skills.. or the compounds :) skip the wax .. get your self a black or white finish polish foam pad and a bottle of race glaze polish and sealant... put it on light and run the buffer at 4k rpms with light pressure.. pretty much just the weight of the buffer... no swirls and will make that paint look 10 feet deep

Love them regals.. needa brush up on your buffing skills.. or the compounds :) skip the wax .. get your self a black or white finish polish foam pad and a bottle of race glaze polish and sealant... put it on light and run the buffer at 4k rpms with light pressure.. pretty much just the weight of the buffer... no swirls and will make that paint look 10 feet deep

thats as good as its gonna get without repainting it....i used a black polish specifically for black cars....and ive buffed a few cars in my day.....no swirls will be found on this badboy!!!!

That paint specific polish sucks dude trust me... im not cutting on your skills.. im just adding to what i know to help you out.. im a detailer by trade and profession.. im what the car dealerships call a recon tech.. iv been detailing for 12 years.. if you lived close to me id say grab a cutting pad a light cit/polish pad and a finish pad ill supply the wet sand paper the beer and the compound and we can make that look like it just rolled off the showroom floor ;) i have yet to meet a paint job i cant out smart :)

That paint specific polish sucks dude trust me... im not cutting on your skills.. im just adding to what i know to help you out.. im a detailer by trade and profession.. im what the car dealerships call a recon tech.. iv been detailing for 12 years.. if you lived close to me id say grab a cutting pad a light cit/polish pad and a finish pad ill supply the wet sand paper the beer and the compound and we can make that look like it just rolled off the showroom floor ;) i have yet to meet a paint job i cant out smart :)

im a car salesman at a dealership, i kno what a recon tech is...

Heheje than you know what i do daily... im proud of my work.. i did a black 01 grand prix gtp from the auction... shop owner was so impressed it went right into the showroom... sold 3 days later.. did a magnum last week.. went out front on the driveon ramp the minute i pulled it out.. did a 300c that looked like it was drove threw a woods.. it now sits right in front if the showroom ;) i love what i do just wish i could do it closer to home

Heheje than you know what i do daily... im proud of my work.. i did a black 01 grand prix gtp from the auction... shop owner was so impressed it went right into the showroom... sold 3 days later.. did a magnum last week.. went out front on the driveon ramp the minute i pulled it out.. did a 300c that looked like it was drove threw a woods.. it now sits right in front if the showroom ;) i love what i do just wish i could do it closer to home

Have you ever buffed the older cars that look like there are thousands of little nicks in the hood? Is there anything im doing wrong or something im not doing to get this? Sorry if you dont understand what im saying, kinda hard to explain.

And thats a damn nice car.

90s gm cars... looks like .. uhh diamond plate lookin... .. clay bar the hood with a medium or agressive clay bar then buff using a cutting pad and a agressive polish as the first step.. or wool pad if your comfortable doing so... honestly best way is to wet sand with 1500 then 2000 then buff but its time consuming and alot of people are not comfortable wet sanding

I normaly try to keel the wet sanding to a minimal... .. if your a newer buffer dont be afraid of the speed control on the buffer.. if i have a bad paint to buff out ill use the cutting pad amd a aggressive polish.. and squirt a lil finish polish on with the harsh compound it helps the harsher compound break down once hot ill buff like that at 3-4k rpms runnin the buffer in different directions.. basicly you get the paint hot and "float" it around tk ' remove' the scratches... its hard to explain much easyer to show.. maybe ill make a vid some day lol