might build a set of nerfs!

Blasterman96

Mar 18, 2012
Missouri
ok i might build some nerfs even though it wud prob be easier to buy um but i wanna try, first of all how thick is the tubing on the nerfs , 1 inch 1 1/2, 1 3/4 inch thick ? thats my questions so far.

use 1" schedule 40 tube. i used that for the buggy i built. if you can use chromolly tubing, its lighter and stronger. you dont need to go any bigger than 1" anything bigger is a waste of money and it adds extra weight. you could even get away with 3/4" tubing if you go with chromolly. and when it comes to wall thickness it goes by schedules. but 1" schedule 40 pipe is about 1/8".

well i dont have an aluminum welder so ill just stick with steel , ive dicided im going to use 1 inch square tubing itll be a little bit heavy but itll be the easiest way to weld the mount for the nets which are going to be the little rachet strap, straps without the hook , but my problem is now , how will i do the mount for the front , can i see a pic of some ways the nerfs mount up to the front?

If you are going to use steel then one option would be to make a bracket straight down from each bolt on the front motor mount,then weld the bar to the mount.Could also sent the tube through the front and bolt it to flat plate that would mount under the frame.Also have the option of using U-bolts to mount it.The skies the limit,just have to come up with what works for you.