Metal Flake look using Krylon Glitter Blast

CammyRacing

Sep 10, 2011
Farmington Hills, MI
So, I decided to try out this new product by Krylon called Glitter Blast. It’s the same basis as the Krylon Fusion so I’m thinking it should hopefully hold up pretty well on the plastics. Either way, it looks way better than my old plastics and I’m pretty excited about the outcome. Thought you guys might be interested to see how it turned out!!

Here are the before pictures:
aacdj8.jpg
30vgac1.jpg
xkxd8y.jpg
11uah4n.jpg

And after:
dux6b.jpg
21m99h1.jpg
2malu.jpg
24e9o3b.jpg

Steps:
1) Clean dirt and grime off plastics then wet sand plastics to get off old clearcoat
2) After plastics are clean, dull, and dry wipe them down with mineral spirits to get rid of any residue
3) Apply two coats of base color (I used black since my topcoat was a black tone)
4) Apply one coat of Glitter Blast (put the can in warm water for about 10-15 min or the can will only give you 2 spurts of glitter and then die out on you)
5) Apply 2-3 coats of Krylon Fusion Clearcoat
6) Let cure for 7 days or more to become fully chip resistant (hopefully… have not tested this yet)

looks good...ive got a krylon fusin paint on mine cant member the color name but its over a metallic flake coating and it changes between a deep blue and a sparkly purplish blue color i love it