man am i effffin pissed with cfm

dustin7021

Nov 2, 2008
commerce twp, mi
www.myspace.com
so i ordered a cfm airbox and lets just say im not happy at all with this course of events that have taken place since i ordered it.....ooook....first i bought it for 100 from cfm which is cool but i when i won the best offer i got an email that stated it would be shipped in 2-3 days after paypal cleared....so 6 damn days went by and not one email response from cfm so i emailed jason one last time to try to figure out what the f**k was goin on, lets just say i waited 2 weeks to get this thing and now today i went to install it and the tube that conects to the carb is WAY TO BIG and not long enough, and i am assuming that the peice of round stock that comes with the box is soposta be welded into the subframe? cuz the last time i check 90% of ppl dont have a welder just chillin at home... what kinda sh*t is that.....im at my rents house right now and i will be home to upload the pics in like a half hour......

the CFM air box is suposed to have a rubber boot to go from the intake tube to the carb. when you placed the order did you tell them what kind of carb you had? anyways I would check the box to make sure that all the parts are there. Its weird how 2 people in the past 3 weeks have had complaints about CFM boxes. d.jackson ordered one and had no problem installing them. Alot of other members have them as well and they didnt have issues either.

nothing is supposed to be welded. If the boot doesn't fit, then you got the wrong one. If its a blue piece of hose then its meant for a 34-36mm carb. For the stock carb the boot should be black and taper down from one end to the other

IMG_1124.jpg

this is what i got for the boot and i know from reading the other posts that its for the larger carb and i did email jason after i bought it to confirm the boot size but this is what i got.

IMG_1114.jpg

the boot even if it was the right size i was still to short

IMG_1113.jpg

and this is what i was talking about for the welding question....that aluminum stock is what came on the box....

so im glad i didnt cut my plastic yet...otherwise i would have been really really pissed

first you could just use a smaller sleeve on that side to hold it against the frame. or find another mounting idea. i think im going to come up with another one because i dont like that wedged in there like that. ill show you my mounting when im done.

next sorry you got the wrong sized boot. they seem to be doing that and i dont know why. i got the right size. my box went right in. good luck man.

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

way ahead of ya...i already went to home depot and got a rubber reducer and heavy duty steal wire clamp and just clamped it to the frame...its ridged as hell and worked out good.....im just pissed that this came from them f*cked up like this, i am working on the email right now for them =))

IMG_1116.jpg
IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

hope these help, now i just gotta clean it......I:I

if u got to home depot and look in the electrical section for wire clamps, they are by the zip ties but make sure u get the insulated one that is the 1inch size.....it cost me 10 bucks to fix there f**k ups, i swear if i sent my customers sh*t like that i would be out on my ass...

way ahead of ya...i already went to home depot and got a rubber reducer and heavy duty steal wire clamp and just clamped it to the frame...its ridged as hell and worked out good.....im just pissed that this came from them f*cked up like this, i am working on the email right now for them =))

Where did you get that hose from? Part number and such? Was it in the plumbers section? That looks really heavy duty. I want one. I like the "p" CLAMP idea too. I remember someone mentioned that in my thread I started about cfm problems.

He still hasn't sent me the right one yet either. You got the same one he sent me. Also if you look on ebay it has been taken down, dont know why.... But I could guess.

just go to home depot and look in the pluming section and its a 1.5inch to 2.5 inch reducer and the wire clamp is just a 1 inch insulated clamp...are u serious? they havent sent u the right parts...i tell u what i live about an hour away and i will drive up there if he doesnt resolve this problem.... whats your name brotha i will biotch at him tmrw about your sh*t too.....

Last edited:
this is the email i got back from CFM

"Hello,

Sorry to hear that you are not happy. The hole and long bolt on one side of the box go to the bracket that is welded to the frame that is intended for the stock oil tank. The round piece of aluminum on the other side sits between the frame rails holding the box in place. We can make some 2" angle brackets that you can attach to the box anywhere you like and send a 1 3/4" adaptor or you can return the box for a refund. We have sold hundreds of these every year for the last 10 years and never had a problem. Not sure what happened. Let me know what you want to do.

Thank you,
Jason

what i sent him in return

well i already fixed the issues with airbox u sent me.....i want a refund ....i dont want to leave u sh*tty feed back on ebay or tell ppl on the quad forums not to buy your products....and from the picture i sent u with consern to the round stock that is to wedge into the subframe? are u serious? that sh*t is just soposta sit in there like that?? common man....

if he dont respond just keep forwarding it to him 2 or 3 times a day, and call a few times a day, u will eventally get what u want!!