make your own stickers

daniel3877

Sep 17, 2007
upstate new york
kinda of an easy and self explanitory diy but i tried it today and amazingly it worked PERFECT...make stickers for free..

1. go online and download a small pic ..fmf, monster ..etc

2. print it out (photo quality) on kodac picture paper (matt finish on back, high gloss on front)..matt on back is important and also wait for ink to completely dry and trim pic off with scisors

3. get a can of clear fast drying spray adhesive, spray a few good THIN coats on back of pic , wait a min and stick to area of choice

4. get a can of fast drying ,NON YELLOWING spray clear coat

5. spray 5 or 6 good thin coats over over the whole area over a few hours, make sure there thin coats, it runs very easy on the pic !!

now you have good looking stickers that were free and WATERPROOF !!! no ordering online or running to the local quad shop to buy em.
if you dont wanna clearcoat the whole area just spray the pic itself,let completely dry and the stick it where ya want it.

i did this on some air scoops i made and it worked great, i have washed my quad and got it muddy from top to bottom and dont have one flaw on the stickers.

c ya everyone......

Last edited:
Reactions: blasterfreek30
Wow... Thanks for that. I never thought of that before. Would you be willing to give us a pic to see how it turned out? Sounds really good though. Keep it up!

sure...all the mnonster,fmf and boyesen stickers i did this way.

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

hope i could be of help to someone...

Reactions: djack12
SWEET !!!! lol, thanx d.jackson, like i said, you gave such good instructions the scoops was a fairly easy little project, i think they come out nice, thanx again.....

awesome man, it’s such a good idea to make your own stickers, well i was looking to create some stickers & I tried to make custom stickers with the same idea which you gave but i was not aware about the ingredients :-[ for creating the sticker stuff, then i find the online sticker printing company at cheap price who fulfill my need.

A better idea for longer lasting decals would be to use adhesive backed photopaper and adhesive laminate sheets.

LOL Good Idea guys..... Or we can make you most of the decals your making for the same price as the can of spray... Most of the time we ship for Free.

Happy Ridin'