LT 250r/500

Sauce440

Apr 5, 2013
Michigan
Anyone on here have a restored LT 250r or a LT 500? i really like these quads and i want to see what you've guys done to em.

I've got my 265 which is a retired ice bike and I used to have a 500 but we donated that to a private collection because we never rode it and because they are so effing expensive to keep.
When I get on the computer later ill post pics of my LT

Deffiently could use a restoration! I think those quads are pretty bad. My dad was looking for one before he bought his banshee.

They are a whole sh*t load of fun man. There's some update stuff that needs to be done to them to get them just perfect but as they are they are awesome. Mine runs completely different than any other LT I've ever seen or heard or talk to others about but just because of how it's ported and the pipe/carb combo. I definitely recommend one to you

I plan to own one of each of the 250 2-strokes from back in the day. No T4 though. I'm gunna be buying a red 84 T3 here in a little while off a buddy and its getting a KX500 mil. LOL,,,, TRX's are stupid expensive around me. and I'm gunna be buying an 81 ATC250R part by part from a friend of mine in Cali.

I have a lt250r .They cost alot of money to get back up to par. They have issue with the main bearing case inserts. Weak thrust washers.But they are awesome quads when restored. I just sent mine new jug off to get ported and the new cool head i bought to get oringed and head mod done to it and I will have 215 psi compression when done so 110 octange. Sent my cases off to get new inserts put in, doing a new crank to.But when said and done it will be no less then 45hp at rear wheels up to low 50s so alot more at the crank. I already have the Scp pipe Shearer custom pipe. But i have a ton of money invested in my 91 lot250r. Im in the 10,000 range and still need to get new plastic and frame powder coated. Biggest thing will break your pockets on the lt250r is aftermarket shocks ,swingarms, a arms, and pipe. But they are good quad stock with the a few mods like billet thrust washers and rm wrist pin bearing, A good pipe and reeds. Ive went crazy on mine, but i love my quad so it worth it to me.I get a chance il post a pic of it.

Last edited: