looking for any info on how to do a shift star mod.

easy, there are some details im leaving out however, do not take my advice soley. ive done this before, you use a bench grinder to smooth the edges of your shift star and round them a bit, do not go too deep or the bike will pop out of gear! once the teeth are rounded a bit, make sure to sand so there is a nice, smooth transition, and polish the teeth, i could get alot more detailed but i dont have pictures.

yea man its really simple......just as worstnightmare said....but dont take off too much

heres the pic of mine
100_3346.jpg

allows for easier/smoother shifting. cascade innovations sells modified shift stars they are like 30 bucks. might be easier that way.....

Reactions: lasxgames
any one who has done this and notice a difference before and after? Will we have a problem with skipping gears? We have problems with hitting neutral at times when racing. rep will be given

Why ? Of all the shift star mods I’ve ever seen, no one ever touches the neutral detent. Are you having trouble finding neutral?
No when I’m in 1st or 6th gear it seems like I hit a false neutral got to looking at the star it’s has deep scoring just seeing if I could touch it up or just get a new shift cam an star

Is the clutch actuator supposed to be line up with the line on the motor when the clutch is engaged or disengage