lil awks build

got most of the painting done, and startin to re-assemble it, got a pic of mrs. 305's old pink acerbis handgaurds, told the boy he has to keep them pink till he can outrun me on his blasty, he didnt think that was funny, so i painted them black, and gonna highlight the raised acerbis symbol the same color green as the other parts, which the green doesnt match exactly with the monster grafix, but i didnt wanna do chartruese, i like this color better, and the few small monster decals you may see on the frame and carrier are under the clearcoat, maybe they'll last a little longer like that???

still gotta make a bracket to lower the trx250r shock on the swinger, the ass is sitting way too high, i'll update with pics as i do that tomorrow, but i now have a roller, motor goin in prolly early next week, so i can still ride over the weekend, (remember it's in my bike and running good) not near the juice my oconnor ported motor has but still strong

9atyzd.jpg

24cy0s1.jpg

9htfgy.jpg

5bcdj.jpg

euhn2e.jpg

oh yeah, did the footpegs that color green also, to tie in the middle of the bike

put the brand new yfz 450 heelgaurds on over the weekend, got the rear upper brackets made and mounted after this pic was taken,
and painted the pink 305 handgaurds and mounted them too
1zc3dvm.jpg

lets clear this "kid", "younger" stuff up some, my son is gonna be 20 in august, he works full time and goes to school too, he bought his kawi lakota himself last year, and paid for all the parts for the topend rebuild himself
i talked him into moving up to a blaster, and used the money from selling the lakota to buy this bike plus alot of the parts, but of course i took it a little further than expected, work and dollar wise, replacing everything that needed it,
we could have just redone the top-end and rode it like that, but i'll feel confident in the reliability and safety of the bike by checking, replacing all that was needed!!!

aahhhhh thats cool. i was thinking he was more in the 15-16 age bracket lol

he's still younger than me.....just by 2ish years lol

didnt like how high the trx250r shock made it sit when placed in the new mount someone made in the +4 swinger, the rear fenders were at least 8 inches higher than mine, and when i moved it to the stock mount still on it, it sat too low, cut both mounts off flush and level, then made 2 rails that span the gap, repositioned the shock to my likings, drilled new holes for the mounting pin, and had it welded up, moving the pin back about 2 inches lowered it the 6 inches needed, still sits a little higher than mine, but i like it, and it has soooo much shock travel
might drill a few more holes in the rails to allow it to be adjustable???? just gotta get the new mounts and welds repainted now
9h836p.jpg

might drill a few more holes in the rails to allow it to be adjustable???? just gotta get the new mounts and welds repainted now
9h836p.jpg

thats exactly what i was gonna say...drill more holes so it can be adjustable...
i wouldnt make too many mabye 3 so that it doesnt weaken the mount. wouldnt wanna hear that it broke and he got hurt...

i may drill 2 more spaced out holes behind the one i have now, but i kinda set it to my liking, gotta get him on it and adjust the sag then see, and thats some pretty harc sh*t i used, burnt up a bit on the first set i try'd to just bolt on, then decided to weld it

rollin, rollin, rollin, but dont have time to swap motors till late sunday early next week, the monster will come alive!!!!!
had to throw my baby in a couple pics, and one to show the rear height difference still, between my 450r shock and the 250r shock with the +4 swinger
vy5aqd.jpg

nybj0x.jpg

293ds9j.jpg

fuw3zb.jpg