lil awks build

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
well, sold the race hood and 18" beadlocks, went back and got the banshee 9" rims and 20" maxxis razr's for the rear from the guy i bought it from,
with the 20" holeshots up front, all rubber is like new, but i'd rather have 21's up front, also grabbed some itp rims to match the banshee polished rears
got stock black front fenders and hood from timsyfz, and fender brace from
blaster01 and a sh*tload of monster energy graphics for it, thats what the boy wants
put new oury grips on the pro taper bars along with a new brake lever/perch, new steering stem mount, and mrs305's pink acerbis handgaurds << gonna hate to paint them, but i cant do pink, also got billet brake line clamps and mr305 thru in that boysen rad valve i may try to port out and give a try with the dual reeds that came with the bike
just installed a trx250r showa rear shock today, sits way too high, gonna try moving the bottom to the stock mount still on the +4 swinger??? if that dont work, i have new mounts welded on to sit it to my likings
g-force axle locknut for $10 (ebay), looks brand new!!

ordered but still in route is....
snyder motorsports allen head bolt kit, complete gasket/seal kit, new rings for my old/like new .020 wiseco piston, which is on its way to ken ocoonor for a new bore, new main crank bearngs, << i feel a little flywheel movement, also bought all the tusk tools to do this bottom end myself,
no-toil airfilter, swingy chain roller, motion pro tors eliminator kit,
carb rebuild kit, 290, 300 and 310 jets, used/nice black factory effects seat, 2004 tie rods, brand new yfz 450 heelgaurds to go with the a/c nerfs that were on it,
and of course it will get my gsxr rear hydro set-up, going to look at a nice clean toomey pipe/silencer for $125, this right bend pipe it came with just looks sh*tty/rusted
heres a few cell phone teaser pics, my camera's still wont load to my puter, but more pics to come soon

as i bought it, but it's stripped to a roller now.....
e5s51x.jpg

monster grafix........
200e9ab.jpg

vo544o.jpg

Last edited:
may end up cooler than mine too???? but hes not getting porting yet, he aint ready for that, so he'll still be chasin me!!!
but nerfs, yfz heelgaurds, new barnett clutch, +4 powder coated swingy, ect.....he's off to a good start
and i don't know what pro-tapers the are, i liked the red and was gonna swap him for my polished renthals, but they sit too low, and wont allow the key, which his didnt have anyway

Last edited:
may end up cooler than mine too???? but hes not getting porting yet, he aint ready for that, so he'll still be chasin me!!!
but nerfs, yfz heelgaurds, new barnett clutch, +4 powder coated swingy, ect.....he off to a good start
and i don't know what pro-tapers the are, i liked the red and was gonna swap him for my polished renthals, but they sit too low, and wont allow the key, which his didnt have anyway

ahh yea i like the red to,i just got some red Tusk ones,sit a lil to high for me,might get some Pros or some X5s,i like the lower profile a tad bit better..
235.jpg

oh almost forgot, this frame is gonna get the first ever, that i know of, urban camo paint job, i'm thinkin black,white, monster green and possibly some purple too
but definately doing some color combo of urban style camo
and wait till you guys see what i've got up my sleeve for a rear grab bar, have had this idea for a while now, but my bar was welded on when i bought mine so this one's gonna get it

oh almost forgot, this frame is gonna get the first ever, that i know of, urban camo paint job, i'm thinkin black,white, monster green and possibly some purple too
but definately doing some color combo of urban style camo

now thats creative..loving that idea!!!

dont know if i should tape it off for a sharp edge between colors on the frame or try to fade it together????

yeah, the boys comin on here, next time he comes down, we'll make him a profile, i told him theres lots of dudes on here his age

todays work, stripped it down to bare frame, ready for sanding and paint and decorated the new black hood,....................
scz6hg.jpg

21v28z.jpg

2ns9j4i.jpg

it had a sh*tty/rusty as hell right bend, but not like my f7, it has length wise welds and my f7 has all cone shapes????
and a project blaster red silencer, but i'm goin to get a nice shape toomey pipe and silencer tomorrow for only $125
also found the holes on the steering stem are oblonged, causing major play down there, just grabbed an 05 stem for $25 on ebay
heres the right bend pipe..................
xgmi4j.jpg

209sm76.jpg

and heres the toomey........
2qut7vm.jpg

Last edited: