Last Minute Build

Been busy working and working on the quad but ive made alot of progress just didnt post any of it here are some teaser pics.. i also built a +4 swingarm

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

I actually used 2 swing arms cut them in half at different point so that when put together would make a +4 then tig welded them together and added a 1/4" plate to the bottom that acts as a giant gusset/skidplate so that it wont break on me. i can make them for others but i would make them from scratch instead so ensure a sturdy swingarm. couldnt live with someone getting hurt from something i made. david no i didnt make my own but i can i either water jetted or cnc

could you get some more pictures of the disasembled swing arm? also am I right in assuming that the shock mount is in the same location distance wise from the front pivot as the stock arm would of been?

Thanks,
David

yes the pivot point to shock location distance is the same as stock i was gonna try to play with the position of the shock a little to add more travel but decided to just put it together.

Vitos BBK $500, +3mm Crank $175, internal Bearings $100, Vforce Vf3 $125, Ricky Stator $125, Mikuni Tmx carb got it used for $85, vitos clutch kit $45, and the F7 exhaust $320. so all together in parts $1475 on top of countless hours. but it was all worth when i kicked it over for the first time tonight started on the third kick. it sounds really good i love the f7 exhaust cant wait to get on it.

Does anyone know what octane is recommended for the vito's BBK im running 93 but i think i was getting a slight knock. or should i bring the timing back a little its at +4. and im running a ngk br9es plug

Last edited:
me i mix 93/110 at 50/50 and the reason ur knocking is because ur running 93 octane on +4 timing/ 240 etc,up the octane and it will go away. low octane is known for it with advance timing. so if ur going to run +4 also be careful because ur putting more strain on the motor, more heat. me personally the 1-2 hp u get from it is not worth the problems u can have.

just switch to av gas your setup needs it, alot cheaper tham race gas and just as effective. its only 100 octane but will burn much cleaner than pump 93 poop

btw awesome job on the rebuild bro