ktm

Yup. !!!! I don't know much about ktm quads though. I know the bikes are great so I'm assuming the quads are the same. I'm thinking on parting with one of my blasters and the banshee for a newer 450. If i get this i will have to sell them. I just don't have the room.

Yup. !!!! I don't know much about ktm quads though. I know the bikes are great so I'm assuming the quads are the same. I'm thinking on parting with one of my blasters and the banshee for a newer 450. If i get this i will have to sell them. I just don't have the room.

the owner of the store that I buy my parts for my quad He has a ktm 450 sx and he tells me that those ktm atvs are pricey and delicates is your choice.He is currently selling it to buy a honda trx 450 or cam am ds 450, i really like the trx 450 those are great i am thinking on buying one I:I

One of my riding buddies has one of those and has spent over 3 grand on the past two years on engine and transmission rebuilds. They are about as good as it gets if you want to go fast on a quad, just be prepared to pay for that kind of maintenance.

Yeah that's the hard part. I like 2 strokes to much. The can ams I've heard are like refrigerators in wheels well the 650 anyways. One thing though I'll never part with my blue one.

DS650s are kind of like refrigerators, where they differ is that refrigerators usually work. 450s are the way to go just make sure you know what you are getting yourself in to.

what ??? my favorite atv is the honda trx 450 then the blaster :D

i like these one

and these one too

You man don't take this as offensive in any way but do all people there have the same tile guy or something? All the pics are the same tile or very close.. Some are living rooms i think and some are garages i think but yet all the same tile.. I wish i could afford to put more tile in my kitchen lol...

Well I'm going to look at the Ktm tomorrow (id rather that than new tile lol) I'm only going with so much cash if he takes it he takes it, if not than no loss to me.. but i will hold my offer for a little while.. as far as trx 450s by me they all seem beat to death. I'm still looking.

You man don't take this as offensive in any way but do all people there have the same tile guy or something? All the pics are the same tile or very close.. Some are living rooms i think and some are garages i think but yet all the same tile.. I wish i could afford to put more tile in my kitchen lol...

Well I'm going to look at the Ktm tomorrow (id rather that than new tile lol) I'm only going with so much cash if he takes it he takes it, if not than no loss to me.. but i will hold my offer for a little while.. as far as trx 450s by me they all seem beat to death. I'm still looking.

Good luck with the ktm I:I and went I said cam am I was talking about the 450 not the 650 (and yes the 650 are refrigerators) and about the photos the first one is on a garage and the second trx they keep it inside the house because one time someone try to steal it that why you always see tile on the photos even on my sig...even I keep my blaster inside my house.

I currently have a ktm bike and have had them in the past. parts wont cost you any more than other makes out there. as far as the $3000 rebuilds yeah if you wanna be raped by a shop your going to pay that but the high dollar maintenance is all bs. costs you a little more for oil and filter changes yes costs a little more to rebuild but I have no idea where everyone is coming up with the crazy rebuild prices. you abuse your ride your gonna pay for it. I've rebuilt my 02 crf450 3 times so far and have nowhere near that money into it.

Good luck with the ktm I:I and went I said cam am I was talking about the 450 not the 650 (and yes the 650 are refrigerators) and about the photos the first one is on a garage and the second trx they keep it inside the house because one time someone try to steal it that why you always see tile on the photos even on my sig...even I keep my blaster inside my house.
That makes sense. I was just wondering..:D

The 3,000 was for two separate rebuilds but still the fact stands a rebuild on a 450 4t is waaaay more expensive parts wise than a Blaster. Whether you can do it yourself is up to you, I've done it but I have more mechanical aptitude than the average shade tree mechanic. I've owned (2) 450's (2) 250 f's and half a dozen two strokes and can dig up some reciepts if you need some sticker shock. The reason I brought this whole thing up in the first place way to warn about the consequences of buying a clapped out 4t if the engine blows, I've been there and it sucks. I'm also curious what you consider rebuilds if you have nowhere near 3k into three of them.

I currently have a ktm bike and have had them in the past. parts wont cost you any more than other makes out there. as far as the $3000 rebuilds yeah if you wanna be raped by a shop your going to pay that but the high dollar maintenance is all bs. costs you a little more for oil and filter changes yes costs a little more to rebuild but I have no idea where everyone is coming up with the crazy rebuild prices. you abuse your ride your gonna pay for it. I've rebuilt my 02 crf450 3 times so far and have nowhere near that money into it.
I wanted that thing so bad.. For some reason i can't get that or a few other Ktm`s out of my head. I just can't part with my other quads yet. As far as the excessive amount of $ some say for a 4 stroke i can't see either but than again i do my own stuff unless i don't have the tools for it. Like you said either 2 or 4 stroke if you neglect it your going to pay..

Why are 4s so much more for parts? For say the exhaust is like 3 times as much, and i would much rather rebuild a 2 than 4. But in consideration a blaster is half the size of 450 so i would expect parts to be more but not that much.. i guess the big wigs figure if you can afford a 450 your going to pay for it in every way.. I don't think I'm ready to take that step yet, i might not ever be, i like my blastys a 2 smokers to much..

The short answer is that 450's are more expensive than Blasters because they are more advanced and have higer end components, it's like comparing a Civic to a Porsche. The best example of this is the engine: the power is flat amazing but requires a good deal of maintainence. Here is a reciept for a new head and valves on a Honda 450 (this will need to be done per the factory manual once the valves are out of spec/can't be shimmed)
epizqq.jpg

I waz lazy (see sig.) and had a shop do it so it was over a grand, just the parts are over $700 with tax.

Dam i would have never thought labor rate for an atv is more than for a car. The shop I'm at charges 80$ an hour and i only get a percentage of that, although i can book 20 hours in an 8 hour day. Why did head need to be replaced? Was it cracked or warped.?? That's a pricey head.