KOR Hurricane Statement

OConnor Racing

Mines Bigger
Technician
Dec 1, 2009
CT
www.kenoconnorracing.com
I’m sure most of you know we have a massive storm bearing down on the East Coast and I’m in a predicted “high damage area”. I’ve made no preparations for this storm as I've been busy all week preparing for a very big race. It looks like we may be losing power and phone lines for a few days, or possibly even a couple of weeks. Rest assured we’ll do everything we can to get the jobs in the shop out as soon as possible and if I don’t answer the phone or your E-mail, it’s because I have no service. The good news is, all the preparations for the race paid off. Josh Clark got it done in the Pro Expert class and will receive his #1 plate in the NESC next year for the Spring and Fall Championship Series. Take care to all my brothers on the Easy Coast. The bad news is Jess and I may be living under a Mylar blanket, eating freshly caught fish and taking baths in a 60 degree lake for a while. Bring it on Sandy!

Best of luck to you, Ken, and all the others. It's coming my way tomorrow and I gotta drive to a concert through it, but I'm hoping by the time it makes it here it isn't too bad. Glad to hear that y'all did good in the race!

good luck with weathering the storm ken and jess, let me know if anything interesting goes on under the mylar blanket, LOL
of course let me know if i can help with any online coorespondence as i did during Irene

Huge congrats on the NESC MX 250cc + Pro Expert Season Championship !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'd rather be under blanket with my wife than stuck on my boat with the guys playing madden and watching movies while on ships gen power and the relay for our heaters burned up so we got no heat!! have fun as I will be doing the same

I decided to close the shop today and get ready for this storm. Gas tanks are full, plenty of non-perishables, propane, ice, beer and water. Jess did all of the laundry and cleaned the house in a French Maid outfit. Stage one is complete. The shop is closed and will reopen on Wednesday as long as I have power. It looks like we’re going to have sustained winds of about 40 – 45 MPH with gusts up to 80 MPH starting at 3 PM EST today and lasting about 24 – 36 hours. I’m hoping Sandy peels a few shingles off the roof so I can get it replaced. Looks like Awk will be taking a road trip to do the work. The coast of CT has been evacuated. It looks like the Southwest coast is going to get pounded with a very high storm surge. They’re predicting high tide will be 12’ over normal. All limited access highways (roads with on and off ramps) in CT are closed to traffic at 1 PM today. New York City looks like it’s screwed.

I decided to close the shop today and get ready for this storm. Gas tanks are full, plenty of non-perishables, propane, ice, beer and water. Jess did all of the laundry and cleaned the house in a French Maid outfit. Stage one is complete. The shop is closed and will reopen on Wednesday as long as I have power. It looks like we’re going to have sustained winds of about 40 – 45 MPH with gusts up to 80 MPH starting at 3 PM EST today and lasting about 24 – 36 hours. I’m hoping Sandy peels a few shingles off the roof so I can get it replaced. Looks like Awk will be taking a road trip to do the work. The coast of CT has been evacuated. It looks like the Southwest coast is going to get pounded with a very high storm surge. They’re predicting high tide will be 12’ over normal. All limited access highways (roads with on and off ramps) in CT are closed to traffic at 1 PM today. New York City looks like it’s screwed.

stay safe mate lets hope it passes faster then they have said.

stay safe mate lets hope it passes faster then they have said.

That's part of the problem, Sandy is pulling moisture in off the Gulf Stream and wrapping it back around with her. Also, because of the low pressure front coming down out of Canada, it's going to stall out over the North Eastern states. Looks like it's going to pound NY/PA/NJ/MD/CT.

Ya that sucks! Went up to Camp to close it down this past weekend, Friday was awesome but sat and sun rain all day- 46 degrees all day, Nothing a half gallon of rum and case of beer can't handle!

Hope You guys stay safe and don't get any damage!

dont worry ken if your power goes out im not to far away lol. i got sent to baltimore maryland to wait the storm out and then where we go from here who knows. sounds like im gonna be here for awhile helping restore power.

Hope everyone on the east coast makes it through alright. If anyone can safely take some pics and post them here it'd be appreciated so the rest of us can see what you guys went through

well, it sounds official, i just got a call from ken, this fifth time he's lost power today seems to be the one thats gonna last for a while.
anyone expecting any coorespondence from ken, just sit tight, he'll be back on replying to PM's asap.
last year during hurricane Irene, it took a week for his power to be restored ???

well I'm stuck on my boat my garage is starting to flood, hope it doesn't get too high otherwise ill be fuct... Got some pics on my phone ill post later, winds are up to about 40mph right now and only getting worse...got a bid ill post later

wife has lost power in and out, here in md were suppose to get winds over 80, good luck to u ken and everyone else enduring this storm, good luck to others in the Baltimore are

Congrats to you Ken and your crew for the big win, on another note stay safe along with everyone else out there enduring this storm, my prayers are with you all and hope it ends soon and God speed on a safe and speedy recovery.