Kinda Makes Me Mad

Dirtwheels also said a stock banshee went 85mph on GPS.

The 250R has a weight advantage but it can't make up a 10hp difference especially in bottom end torque that the 450s rape them in.

If the 250r had a power valve do you think i would have better bottom end torque??? and not get raped as hard??? lol

If the 250r had a power valve do you think i would have better bottom end torque??? and not get raped as hard??? lol

It would still lose, but would manage to stay closer. It's a matter of the limited power on stock bore and port mapping......even if it is ported.

Fact of the matter is you can port, pipe, etc a stock bore 250R all you want, but if you take that 250R and put it against an LTR with oversized valves, porting, hi-comp piston, full pipe, etc etc it's going to get SMOKED. Hell.........you can go ask the 250R guys for dynos if you don't believe me.

This went from talking about spade seats to 2 stroke vs 4 stroke........ Can't we all just agree that 4 strokes don't suck as much as we want them to, 2 strokes are nice, but can't keep up with the times... and I'm saying this on a blaster forum

This went from talking about spade seats to 2 stroke vs 4 stroke........ Can't we all just agree that 4 strokes don't suck as much as we want them to, 2 strokes are nice, but can't keep up with the times... and I'm saying this on a blaster forum

best post of this thread......

I dont now how you can compare a 250 2stroke vs 450 4stroke.... The 450 is a bigger motor, so no sh%# its going to have more bottom end crap like that!!! So lets develop a 450 power valve water cold 2stroke that we can murder some 4strokes with...

I dont now how you can compare a 250 2stroke vs 450 4stroke.... The 450 is a bigger motor, so no sh%# its going to have more bottom end crap like that!!! So lets develop a 450 power valve water cold 2stroke that we can murder some 4strokes with...

Go for it......power still won't be as tractable as a 4 stroke but if you keep it fairly restrictive you might be able to keep the power fairly linear.

okay, now look at the highland, its a 450 and it's putting down 65HP stock...
it would be right with that if it was a 700....

LOL I was just going to mention the Highland if we were going to get into "what ifs". Another what if is going into twin cylinder territory and having a freely revving engine AKA banshee......works the same on 4 strokes in terms of momentum although they typically go with the V format.

You show me where a stock 450R dynos in that range and get back to me.

Were talking about piped 450's with the other simple mods.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You're a funny guy.

How so? I stand by my statement. A powervalve does NOT add HP to a motor. The new 250's that are PV'ed make 50hp because they come with the updated porting. Not because of the powervalve.
Take an PV RZ350 vs the banshee motor. A good drag ported set-up for both motors make the same hp (in the 70's).

Go for it......power still won't be as tractable as a 4 stroke but if you keep it fairly restrictive you might be able to keep the power fairly linear.

How but a lil 399cc R dyno test overlayed with a full mod 450r?
See that torque curve hmmmmmmmm

399cc_puma_vs_450r_hptq-1.jpg

Were talking about piped 450's with the other simple mods.

How so? I stand by my statement. A powervalve does NOT add HP to a motor. The new 250's that are PV'ed make 50hp because they come with the updated porting. Not because of the powervalve.
Take an PV RZ350 vs the banshee motor. A good drag ported set-up for both motors make the same hp (in the 70's).

I didn't say a single thing about powervalves. I was laughing at your HP claims.

You know 99LRD I used to wonder how you got so many posts. Now I know. You post completely pointless replies to EVERYONES posts at least once. I don't understand why the people here have to turn a simple thread about ATV seats into a mosh pit. Calm down. And I don't like the new YFZ's because of mainly the frame. I have seen them race many times and I am NOT impressed with their performance. And I also don't like the TRX's because of the weight and lack of power that most 450's have. The LTR450R is a great 450 that has no problem showing them up. And also, have any of you seen the 2011 Honda Foreman? It's a replica of the 2007 Suzuki Vinson 500.