Vforce reed valves not seated completely

Bigmann1986

Jun 1, 2018
Im pretty positive i know the answere but can somebody please tell me if im right so i can return my reeds and buy new ones if i need to. A couple of my reed pedals are not seating completely out of the box and the seller said this is normal at idle and they will seal up once i bring up the rpms but is this true. Ive seen a couple things online saying they also had warped ones and ended up going with boysen instead and from what i think i know is that ill loose power the way they are now. I can actually push down slightly on a couple of the pedals and watch them sit tightly to the body when i do so i know they're not seated completely but its very minor so i want to make sure before i decide to return it. Also please dont comment just to say i should go with boysen unless u know for sure they are better and that these arent sealed properly

Attachments

• 20180627_101407.jpg
    20180627_101407.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 303
  • 20180627_101411.jpg
    20180627_101411.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 319
  • 20180627_101502.jpg
    20180627_101502.jpg
    706.7 KB · Views: 303
U got any tips for installimg the crankshaft also, i went to put the crank in the case and the gearbox side wont slife in even with the freezing and heatimg method. Any tips

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer directly? Moto Tsasarni (or something like that)

I think the seller is blowing smoke up your dress. IF these are brand new, they should seat either way.
I call BS on rpms or whatever to make it seal, you can't pressurize something that is leaking. Have you had it running with these new reeds ?

I decided to just go with the v force. Reeds and see how they look after running them a little while, im planning to pick up a rad valve later on and see if i notice a difference but for now i had to get it running before my son goes back home and it only cost me $120 plus the v force reeds have a great reputation and following. I also just posted a thread about buying 2 stroke oil at a big chain store or parts store so i can at least ride it tomorrow until the dealerships open on monday but dont want cheap garbage oil and i also want to make sure that im suppose to run premium gas and not regular because i accidently used regular octane gas for the break in then thought about it