Kick Starter broke???

jrt1470

Mar 22, 2009
Connecticut
I was working on the quad earlier, I took the side cover off and the kick starter worked when I removed that. I think the tension on the spring released like a wrap. I know the manual i have just says to line it up, in 3 places and thats all it says. I am wondering if anybodey had this trouble, and if so what solves it???? I think it wraps somehow but its not working for me. Do i replace the spring???? is it possible to wrap that spring? Im sorry for the crappy explanation but thats the only way I can describe it. Am I just having a bad night?? Thanks for any help. Jeff

Well it kind of winds up but not really too much, just have to have the clip spring lined up correct in the case. Make sure the main spring is in the correct notch on the kicker shaft and then into the correct hole in the case. Also there is a tab that goes into the case too. It looks hard and then when you get it you go ,,,duh...Let us know. Unless the spring is actually broken you should not need any new parts.

Yea Just pit the spring in the hole in the case and shazam... Let us know.
And what manual you got? Mine doesn't say to line anything up. I just put mine together and it works, but I am missing that clip that goes on the gear (what's it do?).

i just fondled with this yesterday, there is a litle groove by the bottom of the spring push one end in there, then bend the other end around and put it in the top hole walla

i just fondled with this yesterday, there is a litle groove by the bottom of the spring push one end in there, then bend the other end around and put it in the top hole walla

i did this and when i bend it around and clip it in as soon as i let it go it stays but it clicks a couple times and the tension is really low and the actual gear does not engage to the idle gear i dont know i just rebuilt it from the bottom up and it prob has something to do with the way i put the idle gear on

they are a tricky little son of a gun just take your time it will work its self out look at the manual it isnt really that clear but you will get the idea?