kehin carb

i'd rather see that spacer behind the reeds ???? or not at all, unless clutch lever clearence is a problem

and i had troubles with my pj34 till i got the "dgh" needle, some guys are running a "c" series needle also with good results, "ceh" i believe

i think you are super rich on your jetting, you say you have a 148 main in there, i only have a 162 in my 34mm pj with my mods and im still rich. i would try a few smaller jets, what does your plug look like when you pullit? it must be soakig wet im guessing? :-/

i'd rather see that spacer behind the reeds ???? or not at all, unless clutch lever clearence is a problem

and i had troubles with my pj34 till i got the "dgh" needle, some guys are running a "c" series needle also with good results, "ceh" i believe

yes it is for clearence. its only the flange off the stock cage..

i think you are super rich on your jetting, you say you have a 148 main in there, i only have a 162 in my 34mm pj with my mods and im still rich. i would try a few smaller jets, what does your plug look like when you pullit? it must be soakig wet im guessing? :-/

its totally burnt black, depends sometimes when i pull it i get a moist not really soaking wet. I had that when I started at 150 main and 50 and 48 pilot. Or i get a burnt black more dry like burnt like a crisp.

I thought i had it goin good but the more i ride the worse it gets. its fowled 10 plugs in three days. run a plug chop and its fine, after an hour or so fowls plug. pulled the head, piston is completely black and wet. Ive stripped the entire carb back down and heres what its got in it. 1470n needle top clip, 148 main, 45 pilot, 68 slide. no matter which way i go on main or pilot its still way too rich. im runnin a b8es plug, and wonderin if i ran a 9es plug would tht help on not. im also getting a dgh needle. any one got any tips or ideas as to whats going on?

I think your pilot is still too large, but the biggest prob is probably the needle. This carb is probably off one of those 125's you were talking about, and bikes seem to jet much differently. You needle decodes to be a DLG. Same taper (D), similar length (G), but much larger diameter (L) than say the DGH that AWK and several others (including myself) have had good luck with. This large diameter leans out your main considerably right about 1/8 to 1/4, just as the pilot is finishing off. maybe this works good in a two wheeler (and it had a huge pilot to compensate) but its not so hot for you.

Anyway, try a 40 pilot along with the DGH needle, and I bet you will end up 150+ on the main.