Keep breaking reeds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though some of the high dollar carbon fiber and fiberglass reeds recommend not using the reed stops, mine kept breaking as well. I went back to using reed stops no matter what and no more broken reeds.

Edit: I see you're still using the stops. With a stock motor that doesn't sound normal to keep breaking them. It happens, but not frequently. However if everything is mechanically sound, reed spacers might pull them back and help a bit.

stock reed stop, boysen reeds.

I just put boyesen reeds in without stock stops. Havnt had a problem in over 10-15 hours on them. Im using vito hi-flow filter which i would think stress them more. Anyways were the reeds burnt or look like their getting hot?

I have boyesen power reeds with out the stock stops on now for 30hrs and still working great.

I've been running a set of credit card reeds(lol) for about 4 hrs and they seem to be better than the ones i had on!!!I:II:I they seem to have better throttle response and i've checked them twice now and they look fine!

i used to use no reed stops but mine broke as well. i used my reed stops eventually and never broke again. bike is broke now though, by the way... 03blasterboy thats a awesome sig about the chris brown thing. if puberty EVER hits justin beiber

Status
Not open for further replies.