Kawasaki Tecate 3

DUALSTROKE

Giving away free clues
Technician
Mar 2, 2008
masshole
Picked one up on Thursday night and it had a twin on Saturday.lol Let the build begin.

27zf7sy.jpg

rcscpt.jpg

2eb9v8k.jpg

sweeeeeeeeetttttttt twins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn right man. bout time for an interesting project to come along around here.

Thanks guys. Already been ordering parts and getting ideas on what I want to do to it.It will not be long before I finally get back to riding "1 up front". Hardest part is alot of parts for this machine are already in rare status.No oem parts have been made for a long time for these machines.

Nice man..I showed my dad a picture of them he said glad to see you bringing them back to life..he used to have a tri-z. He still talks about it till this day

Last edited:
Are those 85's? 151515151

These both are 84's. Only difference from 84 to 85 is 84 has drum front brakes, 85 has hydro front brakes. I will most likely convert atleast one of them over to the hydro fronts.

Nice score I:I keep an eye out for flywheels

So I have heard!!! haha I am going to have the 2 that come out of these motors cleaned up,magnets put back in corect polarity and reglued to stop the issues I hear they have.I also got a brand new ricky stator flywheel in one of the deals.That one has encased magnets and is supposed to be very good.

Along with the flywheel I got a new ricky stator stator,another stator,cdi,coil,on/off switch and a spare gas tank.Dude hooked me up since he knew I will keep this beast for quite awhile.Got a few goodies in today and more coming.Just too damn cold outside.

Sweeeeeet project dually, no doubt. LOVE the triples, I had an 85 250r and an 86 350x, MISS the ish outta both of them. My buddy had an 85 tecate 3 that I just could not quite keep up with on the 250r, that thing was a fuggin screamer, big time. I will be watchin this thread, rock on brutha... I:I