Justblastins 02 complete rebuild

justblastin

Oct 11, 2015
here we go guys I brought home a 02 blaster the other night thinking just a top end and bam another blaster for my wife. Well I start working on cleaning it up and getting it ready bottom end is filled with water, also found out this is the second time the top end has been done so now I have no faith in the crank or bearings. So I start going over the chassis and start finding a abunbence of miss match bolts and the same for the engine. So I start ripping it down by the time I was satisfied that I had found all the issues I was down to bare frame! So now I have to start over good and bad. The good I love working on things and enjoy makeing them brand new again! The bad holy f*ck I already have $600 in the motor!

I didn't think it was going to go this far so I didn't take any pics till I saw where I was here's when I noticed that I was in for it!
image.jpeg

Thank you. Sending the cylinder and head to Kor tomorow. Vito's crank should be here by weeks end can put it in till I get everything back from Kor. I got my crank bearings seals and gaskets from Kor. And just ordered a fly wheel puller today so should have that by weeks end as well. So I'll be working on the frame, I have to cut the oil res brackets off, cut off the rear brake cable mount and make and weld on the one for the hydros. Luckily I have a 03 blaster so I can make tamplates and mock stuff up.

I also have to weld new nuts on the back of most the brackets because they are all striped out. I ordered a complete hardware kit every not bolt and washer will be new on the chassis and the engine. I also ordered tors delete idle screw kit and dyno jet jet kit.

I was going to but desided to try to just smother out all the ports. I really want to try it and this is my best opportunity, nothing crazy just want to do it my self. It's getting bored for the second time so I figure good one to try and learn on.

So cylinder and head on its way to Kor! I'm pumped can't wait to get it back. Engine parts should start coming in tomorrow, tors delete complete engine and chassis hardware kit idle screw kit fly wheel puller and Vito's 3mm stroker crank. Still need to order oil delete, unless you guys can help me do it myself pics would be awesome!
image.jpeg

kinda janky but when I did my oil delete i just cut out a piece of aluminum I had laying around into the shape, then cut a inner tube from a bike in the same shape but a little bigger and used that. Tightened it down and sealed really good.

That dosnt sound to janky I can make the cover out of aluminum and I have a sheet of gasket material should be easy. Thank you.

Thank you zbskater400. Any input is welcome as well you don't just have to watch can use all the help I can get.

It's kinda hard to get anything done with my 3 year old "helping" me! But got most of the brackets cut off the frame and got a little closer to the crank.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

you'll be happy i have same year and went all the way to frame. Got parts and motor work from KOR. 500+ miles on motor now still ripping.