just wont idle.

MC_NickP

Apr 3, 2010
hey. so i took apart the carb and cleaned it today. it really didnt look too bad. i cant get my bike to idle alone. it has plenty of top end power, but if i let of the throttle, it will die immediately. is there a throttle hold open screw? also if it helps, to start it, i have to hold the throttle wide open while i kick.

tors stands for THROTTLE OVER RIDE SYSTEM.

there is a little brass screw on the outside of the carb, turn it to the left and see if the bike idles better. turn it about 1 time

tors stands for THROTTLE OVER RIDE SYSTEM.

there is a little brass screw on the outside of the carb, turn it to the left and see if the bike idles better. turn it about 1 time

is this up by the inlet of the carb? i have taken it completely out and it hasnt changed anything

if its to the inlet side, that's actually the air screw. that needs to be turned all the way in and then back out 1.5 turns. if it goes into the part where the slide goes in, that would be an idle screw.

Ok, first of all. The screw tyler is telling you about is the air mixture screw. The one on the TORS that controls the idle you can acces right under the seat. Take off the seat, and right under the snorkel from the airbox you can see it, turn it to the right side to increase the idle. If that doesnt work, then go to the screw tyler is telling you about. Close it all the way in, then open it 1 1/2 turns out. If nothing works, check back with us.

it is right where the fuel hose enters the carb. like in your face when you look at it

yep i have turned it all the way in and taken it completely out and no change. just curious, there is a small black tube running from the right side of the carb (kick starter side) into the tranny (clutch side). whats that for?

yep i have turned it all the way in and taken it completely out and no change. just curious, there is a small black tube running from the right side of the carb (kick starter side) into the tranny (clutch side). whats that for?

that is the oil injection, has nothing to do with the problem. Read my last post, i described where the idle screw is.

Thanks for all the help. I will try messing with it today. Is that oddly shaped apparatus on the top of the carb this TORS thing you guys are referring to? I really need a do it yourself repar manual

alright here is an update. i have managed to get the idle where i want it, but sometimes the idle hangs high when im revving it. any suggestions?

means it's lean. once again, look for air leaks, otherwise you need to go up a size or so on the pilot. try turning the air screw in 1/4 turn at a time and see if it gets better

so i have it close to where i want it, but the air screw in the carb is about a full turn out. is that too rich? as far as jetting goes, i have no idea if it is stock or someone threw some different jets in there. i just bought the bike 2 weeks ago and just now had time to mess with it

if its idling fine and stuff. it should be fine. the airscrew is used for fine tuning the pilot, where you're at should be okay if you're happy with how its running, and the idle isn't hanging anymore. if the idle is hanging you're still lean

if its idling fine and stuff. it should be fine. the airscrew is used for fine tuning the pilot, where you're at should be okay if you're happy with how its running, and the idle isn't hanging anymore. if the idle is hanging you're still lean

nope after blipping the throttle, the rpms fall immediately back down to where i set the idle to be at. thanks guys, i was thinking this going to be a problem i couldnt fix on my own.

I have a 96 blaster (vforce reeds is the only mod) Just ordered a new thottle cable and getting a used tors system cause my screw on the one i have seems to not work properly. Needs to be retapped or something cause it seems to be on a little angle. Gonna put the used one on and worry bout the retap later in life. But my thottle cable is really stretch out and seems to be why it wont idle and when it does idle right. its just the sh*tty cable getting snagged up somewhere in the line. I'll check back in 3-5 days or whenever i get the parts and get them on my quad. I don't know nor have i looked into removing the tors system, but was wondering why would you want to do that?