Just Replaced my Top End.. One Last Question..

Dub5

Aug 25, 2009
Everett, WA
I finally got all teh parts I needed and threw the blaster back together and got it running again!!!!I:I

So heres the question I have. When I pulled the top end apart the piston and cylinder were pretty mangled. I think its pretty fair to say it seized up in there. The piston was bone dry as was the cylinder. fluid levels were fine so Im just wondering does the picton and everything get automatically lubricated from the tranny oil coming up through the gears? or is there some kind of additional feature to this bike I am not aware of. I just want to make sure my new top end lasts and doesnt seize or anything caused by a lack of lubrication. I applied a liberal amount of 2 stroke oil when installing everything but what keeps it consistantly lubed?

Thanks Guys
-Dub5

Last edited:
I finally got all teh parts I needed and threw the blaster back together and got it running again!!!!I:I

So heres the question I have. When I pulled the top end apart the piston and cylinder were pretty mangled. I think its pretty fair to say it seized up in there. The piston was bone dry as was the cylinder. fluid levels were fine so Im just wondering does the picton and everything get automatically lubricated from the tranny oil coming up through the gears? or is there some kind of additional feature to this bike I am not aware of. I just want to make sure my new top end lasts and doesnt seize or anything caused by a lack of lubrication. I applied a liberal amount of 2 stroke oil when installing everything but what keeps it consistantly lubed?

Thanks Guys
-Dub5

there is a sticky in engine called "how a two stroke works" you should check it out. if you dont want to take chances you should block off your oil injection and premix at 32-1. thats what most guys do here.

your trans and crank case are to different things. your trans oil just lubes the trans.

a 2 stroke runs by mixing fuel. and your piston acts as a valve. when the air fuel mix is pulled in it goes to the bottom end. then travels upwards through the transfer ports. when the piston moves downward, opening up the port, it brings the air fuel charge in. then as the piston moves up it compresses the mix. then the spark plug ignites. then as the piston moves down again it pushes the exhaust gasses out the exhaust port.

some things are done at the same time, the exhaust gasses go out, the new charge comes in....

thats very basic. somebody can go further in if they want...

to answer your question, what lubricates the cylinder is the premixed fuel...the oil in the gas provides the lubricant. even with oil injection, it lubes the cylinder also. but that works a bit differently...

is that a good enough answer????