JUST REBUILT ENGINE

B

blastermaster122

i just rebuilt my top end and i put it all back together today. The bike has stage 2 jet kit (k&n filter) stock piston size. I did clean the reeds and set the air screw to 1 1/2 turns. Runs fine down low but when you nail it it almost seems to flood or could be the opposite running out of fuel. IS it possible the reeds aren't opening fully or a float adjustment? Any help is appreciated.

****you MIGHT have a cracked reed, a cracked reed could give you the problem that you are describing, and if you have the stock OEM reeds, dump them, and get Vforce reeds!! or i think i was told.. G3 reeds..are THE best

Thanks man. I didn't see any cracks, but is it possible to put those reeds on wrong? I know it's simple but if they were one way and I put them back the opposite way. Are the stock reeds two piece? these had two levels.

Thanks man. I didn't see any cracks, but is it possible to put those reeds on wrong? I know it's simple but if they were one way and I put them back the opposite way. Are the stock reeds two piece? these had two levels.

no prob. -- uhhm...yeah, stock reeds are 2.. and they are like a fiberglass type reed...

vforce 3 reeds and g3 are are 3.. and are carbon reeds which have more tolerance all around, and do not crack nearly as easy as the glass OEM reeds (stock) they may have a crack even if you didn't see it, but EITHER WAY, i suggest getting carbon reeds if you do not have already

its actually perfect if I snap it real quick, but if you ease t it seems to load up.

mess with your air pilot screw a bit then...

and you stillll may have a tiny tiny crack in one of ur reeds..i still suggest carbon reeds anyways...

but check ur air screw first..and turn a little bit out at a time and see if u can get it going right