Jetting

Oct 20, 2011
Right checked most of the jetting threads on here and got help from another member. I'm running a pj 34 main jet plug chopped good needle on middle clip was running a 52 pilot with a cel needle however when I start the bike up and I screwed the idle and the air setting they have no response and the bike won't idle. Also I held the revs steady about 1/8 on and it doesn't stay a steady rev. So took it out when you take off you have to rev high so u don't stall then when u take of the here as lack of power then straight after 1/8 the bike lifts the front wheels. Through each gear u can only feel it pull after 1/8 so looked a the jetting thread And thought lower my pilot jet so I put in a 50 and ran it still done the same no idle and no response to any change of idle screw or air screw. Any advice? Also could it be to lean of pilot not too rich?

I just threw a pj on my bike the other day. I had a 52 pilot, cel needle, 3rd slot, and 160 main. I'm at sea level. Carb worked great. Air screw was 1.75 turns out. What is your elevation and mods?

Graydon right Bend pipe, vforce reeds, porting, airbox lid on and running at sea level to 100 ft elevation cel needle middle clip 50 pilot, tried a 52 pilot,160 main

Take your airbox lid off. Check the bottom of the slide in the carb. Make sure it is a number 60. Have you cleaned the carb? Float set right?

Is that jetting in the 34 on ur blaster with the 240 and all the mods in your sig? Ill try take the lid of and ill check them numbers when I get a chance

Yes. I just threw it on there to see what it would do. My buddy is going to run it on the orange bike. Make sure you have a 60 slide in there. When I put it on my bike it was awesome. The idle adjusted perfectly.

Update??????????

we determined thru some PM's that he has very low compression, and no amount of jetting is going to be correct if it isn't sucking enuf air thru the carb, rebuild coming soon.

Hey guys, i was wondering....ive heard the main reason that jetting two strokes lean can be dangerous is because of premixed fuel, i.e the smaller jet the less fuel and therefore less oil. so my question is, is it still as harmful to a blaster using the autolube pump to run lean as it is to one running pre mixed petrol?

Has nothing to do with the oil really. The lean mix can cause predet (bad) and raises the temps to the point that your piston will melt. Even at near perfect jetting the ex gasses are about 1200*f when they exit the cyl. And the 2s doesn't have a dead stroke like a 4s to cool off. As you go from "perfect" to lean, power doesn't drop off noticably on the @$$ dyno, however the ex gas temps shoot straight off the charts. Two sizes lean may give in excess of 1400*f gas temps. Alum melts @ 1,221*f (just googed it)
Do the math :eek:

To get the absolute performance out of a motor at the great expense of engine life and well being some racers jet on the leaner side.

A slightly leaner than optium fuel/air ratio will burn much better but causes excessive, damaging heat as Larry has explained.

As to oil, I run a heavy oil premix of 25:1 and my motor does not run any cooler, it runs a little stronger due to a small amount of extra compression.