Jets dont open, throttle cable wont move

And on top of that Ill have to get new tires, filters and a bunch of other sh*t. Plus I did the electrical break down, but wasn't smart enough to even check compression. I went at it trusting what the PO said, which was a $1000, so my quote would be "you live and learn" so I gained a lot of experience, but sh*t man I'm so bummed out. Maybe I'll do a complete tear down, but realistically shell probibly be used as a guinea pig for my new powder coating set up and to make carbon fiber molds of and whats left gets parted. Thanks guys

And Dirtysquared just want to say thanks for all the advice you've lent and went out of your way to help. Just can't get my head around it and can't drop anymore into it not knowing ill even get it. Like I fix one thing then theres another, then fix that and another and idk. Hell worst thing is, is that I'm a horrible 2 stroke rider anyway.

Don't get so discuraged. I know it's tough at times, but believe me it will be worth it in the end. I haven't read through this whole thread so please state the problems you are having and I will give you some advice.

so essentially I was told had spark issue, w it did. replaced stator and coil (checked voltage outputs and were way low), still no spark. Didnt know about TORS, (honda guy) so spent some time rewiring and removed tors, and when I got to the throttle part I realized I couldnt adjust it to keep tension. Pulled the carb and it was "redneck rebuilt" and all messed up. Slide was locked up and just a bad deal. So Dirtysquared hooked me up with a new one, got spark but wont turn over. Then was told the stator was junk, so went back to OEM and it got even worse (magneto was replaced also). So now I'm to the point of the PO messed it up by the time I'm done fixing might as well buy a new bike for what Ive been putting into it.

You need only 3 things to make a two stroke run.

Compression.
A healthy spark at the right time.
Fuel in the correct quantity.

You must be lacking something!

So if you still have weak spark do the following in this order. And see if spark gets better after every one.

-New spark plug
-Unthread spark plug cap from coil wire and cut a 1/4" off. Thread it back on to the wire
-clean two ground wire mounts. One at voltage regulator and one at the coil
-ensure all connections coming from CDI and stator are tight and pushed in all the way
-Disconnect on/off switch
-disconnect key switch
-pull flywheel and clean any rust off of the magnets with brake cleaner
-check continuity on all wires in the harness

If all that turns out good and you still dont have strong spark your CDI could be bad. Unfortunately there is no way to test the CDI.

Once you have spark it will get easier.

-

have already done thoes, what it is bought a cheap stator w didnt put out enough, old stator was bad. Im just not gettin the juice and wasnt smart enought to test compresson prior to purchase. So in a part out I can come out on top and get a new one.

Well part it out. I am interested in the following parts.

- aftermarket front shocks
- aftermarket a arms
- mabye the complete bottom end of the motor
- and any other aftermarket parts you may have.

Well nothing is aftermarket, well at least besides the stator and coil, which I just found out was a POS. But, I can't bring myself to part it out. Its a learning experience I guess, just might be some time before I get it goin with the hours I work and the weather.

But worst case scenario, ran to lean fried the piston? Had fresh yamalube oil in it, which was suspicious considering it didn't run. So what should my compression pressure be around? And would it be smarter to bore and redo engine, or hone and re-ringing, seeing as I've got what it takes to do. Like It kicks pretty easy, can push it down w my hand, but the old stator I was told to switch to OEM gave me a nicer spark. But could also be reeds. Maybe its just time to tear it all apart. Just looking for thoughts.

But worst case scenario, ran to lean fried the piston? Had fresh yamalube oil in it, which was suspicious considering it didn't run. So what should my compression pressure be around? And would it be smarter to bore and redo engine, or hone and re-ringing, seeing as I've got what it takes to do. Like It kicks pretty easy, can push it down w my hand, but the old stator I was told to switch to OEM gave me a nicer spark. But could also be reeds. Maybe its just time to tear it all apart. Just looking for thoughts.
Tear into it! Get that cylinder measured to see what needs done. Don't give up on it yet. These are fun bikes, that are fun to work on too.

Remember : BUILT NOT BOUGHT!

Ya, I use to have one in the day. Was just really really irritated that day missed the superbowl just from gettin mad. Just gonna get a rebuild kit and tear her down and do it all right. Use to 4 strokes, so itll be a nice change up.

So i looked at my old stock coil, and had brown on the top side of the boot, so that means I would have been loosing power from a short. Then realized both new and old plug wires are not snapping in right, the new ones connector was broke so I'm losing spark power there too. Still just gonna pull engine and do a complete tear down.