Jamaica Anyone Been?? if so what resort?

Leines

Jul 12, 2010
Just like the title states... Tell me all your great and no so great stories of Jamaica... We are going there at the beginning of March...

never been there, but my uncle has been there, hawaii, and a bunch of resorts in mexico,
he claims his experience in Jamaica was the best, waited on hand and foot, even played guitar with some Jamaicans on stage at a bar, then the one rasta dude offered to trade his mandolin for the nike's my uncle had on, my uncle came home in sandals with an antique mandolin

i dont know personnaly...but i know a few guys that have gone and they stayed at the Sandals resorts you see on TV. I heard they have the best rates...good luck and post some pics...

If this is what's there, I want to go!
f8d5a3bf.jpg

sandals is the most popular all inclusive resort, just remember, nothing there is free... if a rasta dude offers you a hit of his blunt at the club be prepared to buy him a drink or a cig or something.

how many drinks did you have to buy that night ?????, hahahaaaaaaa

Im going to montego bay.... actually the resort is called Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton, its actually two resorts into one in a town called Lucea...

Ive been told about the First hits Free Rasta Doobies... and im well seasoned vetern of such tactics since i grew up in Canada..... Im going to an all-inclusive... so unlimited food and drinks... 7 different a la carte restaurants and 3 buffets.... So im hoping for a good time...

And if your really good.. you bring something that looks like that WITH you on the vacation.. Vacation Sex is the best kind there is....

I went there waaaaaaaay back in my teenage drug years, it was cool.
My sis stayed there years back for 2 months (work related) and she loved it.
She did say the locals, do offer up the home grown!

Jamaica is great. The people are very very friendly from the minute you get off the plane, until you step foot back on it. One thing to remember though, they take the phrase "No worries" to heart. So if you ask for something like a drink, don't expect them to drop what they're doing and go get it. They are the epitome of being laid back. You'll get what you ask for and its usually right, but everything is super relaxed. Its a great place. My wife and I stayed at Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios.

Ive heard that service at some of the resorts is a bit lazy, but it wouldnt be the first time ive heard of jamaician time.... everyone always says my watch is set to jamaician time.. Ive been reading some reviews online and researching what to bring etc... looks like there is an excursion to bob marleys grave site and his shack in the mountains that i might want to take....

Also it looks like 1 american dollar is worth 85 jamaica dollars.... so i think ill take singles for tipping.... might get me some better service and a room upgrade.