IT 490 Blaster Build

Thanks a ton!! How far does the sleeve slide into the stem? Very clean application !! If a person wanted you "could" grind/sand it down to make it look uber clean. This answers the Q I have in a different section. Now I can save the extra Shee stem in case it gets bent (lol). BTW, love your build !! I:I Some green for ya B)

Its a pleasure Larry, Thanks for the green!
The sleeve slides about 40mm into the stem.
Here is a picture of my girlfriends drum brake model with a 100mm extension. Everything reaches if you do not bolt the part where the cables meat to the frame.
2jwm84.jpg

Pic of my 80mm extension.
2ut711f.jpg

Rubber mounted the 490 motor. This is the front mount.
2nlqph4.jpg

The bottom mount.
u6ckn.jpg

Motor mounted.
6z3g8w.jpg

2sayq6a.jpg

ruy0xe.jpg

The rubber is 70 shore A that I bought at Rubber Products and Moulding Parow. It is what is commonly used on car engine mountings. They look soft because I tightened the bolts as much as I can. They will easily withstand the heat, because I welded the mounts with them on. That part of the motor does not get that hot either anyway..

what is their uncompressed shape? got pics? did you have to make the mounts a little wider than the actual width of the casing to accomodate them?

Crazy stuff man would love to check the end project of it all, congrats on the hole build there is very little people in SA that would go to such an extent to build up a bike. If I can ask how much has the hole project set you back?

Thanks L.T. I sold the IT frame so made a couple of bucks back but the motor with all the new parts= +/-R9000 and then probably another +/-R6000 or more on the rest of the parts. I saved some money on material,welding and machining that I can do at where I work. Coker Racing Products that make pipes in Cape Town wants R5130 for a custom pipe! My friend and I are going to make our own pipe first and see how it works. I have got a month holiday in December that I'm taking the bike to our farm to run it in, jet it and do some riding.

Since the motor is ported the standard pipe will be a bit off. The standard pipe will have to be cut and extended a bit to fit the frame so that will change the tuned length of the pipe. Also the pipe is not in very good condition. We put a degree wheel on the bike and measure the port timing and input that and the bore and stroke and the revs where you want to make power into a program that we have got that kicks out the pipe specs for you. I have also got a Bosson performance exhaust that I borrowed from a friend to compare the programs pipe specs too

Last edited:
All pipes are a comprimise. 1 inch added length will lower peak about 1000 rpm. Nothing to loose hacking the stock pipe. It will allow you to experiment for fitting a better pipe later on. Sickkkkkkkkkk