IT 490 Blaster Build

Hey Dassie

The bike is looking super sick. The IT motor looks like it belongs in the blaster :)
I think building your own new pipe is cool, you might not get it 100% right the first time but you have to start somewhere. I:I

Thanks Mr Switch!
I bought some Banshee front shocks and the pipe is almost done. Will post some pics of the pipe and complete bike tomorrow.
2wpjqd2.jpg

Thanks guys much appreciated!
The tyres are Maxxis All Trak 22's, I love them. Still want to get me a set of 22's on the front.
The bike is very strong and starts relatively easily and the vibration is not as bad as I expected. I have been riding her for a week without any problems.
The only problem the quad has at the moment is its not getting enough air with the blaster airbox. I am fitting a cone filter tomorrow until I make a better airbox. The motor runs a 380 main jet standard but could not go WOT with anything bigger than a 200 main jet. She is definitely not getting enough air as she won't even go with the airbox lid on. She still pulls like a horny bull on steroids though and I can't wait to feel her with the cone on. I tried uploading a video through tinypic but it just fails every time. The video is 30MB, must I make it smaller or how do I go about it?

hey great work man!! looks sick, im actually doing the same thing right now and i have a couple questions for u, my 490 dosent start good right now and i was wondering if u could help me out if u had any idea wat i should try.. thanks man I:I

hey great work man!! looks sick, im actually doing the same thing right now and i have a couple questions for u, my 490 dosent start good right now and i was wondering if u could help me out if u had any idea wat i should try.. thanks man I:I

Thanks. Make sure your bike has spark, fuel is getting through and that the timing is right. Try starting the bike with the piston at tdc and don't open the throttle when you kick

Been very busy with other stuff and haven't posted in a while.
I fitted a Keihin PWK 38mm carb with a uni filter.
Also cut me a new disc and fitted a TRX450 rear shock with the banshee front shocks.
97s51e.jpg

w2nkgm.jpg

I have been making straight pipes and playing around with them until I found the right combination I liked and I am now making a curved one to fit into the quad.
2w3pyzm.jpg

2w6hqfm.jpg

I did a 100km enduro fun run this weekend and the quad is running amazing
2hofl0x.jpg

2rxtyqa.jpg

1zeihjk.jpg

good stuff bro, excellent fabrication skills !!!

keep us updated with pics on that pipe build.

now thats some pipe building and welding skillz right thur !!!!!

2elgmxh.jpg

Thanks bro!
Ja Paulie pipes must be big!

I worked on the pipe a bit last night and its almost finished.
We are going to the dunes next week and I will hopefully post a video then.
2e3yhc4.jpg

Few random pics
New carb
a8t8l.jpg

Disc that I cut
rj1stf.jpg

Shock spacers
kecett.jpg

The cone developments before I rolled them
34xkep0.jpg