intake velicity matter on a two cycle?

Kennedy_Power

Apr 8, 2008
Rochester,Michigan
I have been working on this for a few months and been having fun doing it.
I am have using a Dynojet 200IX and a Superflow bench as test equipment.
I wanted to get a better understanding of the effects of changes to piston intake windows. The changes made to intake velocity were amazing. My focus was on changes made when the piston was at BDC.
The test subject is a blaster
The set up is
A OEM cylinder with a big bore sleeve install
35mm carb
stock reeds
Vito's pipe
My port and head mod
Flickr: kennedy_power's Photostream

I had custom pistons made with no windows cut. I made mods to the pistons to increase the speed of air flow where I felt the pipe was pulling the hardest during the reverse pulse.

interesting stuff kennedy, and will some of this become standard on your porting packages??

Last edited:
so, the 32hp run was blaster, w/what mods??

the 35hp run was a blaster, w/the 35mm carbs, stock reeds, vitos fat bastard pipe, big bore sleeve, and your port/head work??

i beleive they were both with the mod OTHER THAN the piston changes.. to accurately see the difference in somethign youi need to have a constant.. then chnage one variable.. if you change more than one thign at a time you ahve no idea what made your difference..

kennedy, did you try and see if you can get hp increases w/just modding the intake ports on a replacement piston....wether it be OEM or wiseco, etc? what about cutting open the transfer cutout on the piston skirt?

Isn't this similar to what the Vito's "Superstock" piston does? Modified intake ports in the piston, and modified exhaust timing. For when you want to leave your cylinder alone?

man you need to start selling pistons then,ill take one I:I

The piston is a odd size, so your cylinder will need to be bored/honed
You would need to send my you cylinder/head
To get the power and TQ, I would want to mock up your set up using one of my blaster engines that are used for mock up only.

The piston is a odd size, so your cylinder will need to be bored/honed
You would need to send my you cylinder/head
To get the power and TQ, I would want to mock up your set up using one of my blaster engines that are used for mock up only.

Too new of a cylinder but thanks anyways.Maybe later :)

I had my bike at his place last week and he did this to my cylinder. this thing as a rocket I don't know how this thing pulls so hard. i bet it will stick next to my banshee that is stock. all i can say is WOW

Hands down the best work and money put into this bike yet i will put my dyno sheet up asap once i get it scanned in with a short video.