Idle not doing anything.

DrywallDoc

Sep 29, 2015
Just bought another blaster. I can keep it idleing with the adjustment on the handle bar and the adjustment on top of the carb but the idle screw on the side does nothing. It has the tors delete kit. All stock except pro circuit silencer. I leak tested before I ran it . 32:1 gas mix.

They might not have filed down the Boss on the side enough to allow the screw to bump up the slide.

Best way to check is pull it off the bike and see if it raises the slide when it is screwed in. You may have to file a fair amount more off.

They might not have filed down the Boss on the side enough to allow the screw to bump up the slide.

Best way to check is pull it off the bike and see if it raises the slide when it is screwed in. You may have to file a fair amount more off.
I didn't think to check it because I pulled it off another blaster and it worked then.
So I'm confused now because I took it off today and checked it. I can see the screw sticking out about an 1/8. But even when I screw it all the way in it doesn't lift the slide. So how much am I suppose to file off? Do you have a pick of yours so I can compare?

I just looked all over for a pic, not one found, and I took my blaster back to my momss garage about 2 hours ago!

File some more off...if its not bumping up the slide yet, its not enough. I do remember filing for quite awhile to get it right.

It needs to be filed down to pretty much flush with the carb body . Make sure you clean the carb. of the shavings before you run it

Photos here. I have checked mine and it lifts the slide.
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/idle-kit-installation-instructions-blaster-banshee.52025/page-2

DSCN4880_zpsu6x9rqqy.jpg