I love people that throw away ATVs....

2g00d4u

Apr 22, 2010
Smithville, ON, Canada
So, I rode my Sportsman down to my friends' trailer park to camp with him for a few days, and when I stopped at the small area at the entrance to the park to throw some fast food garbage in the dumpster, I noticed a head light and a front wheel in the pile of junk behind the dumpsters, so I jumped the gate to check it out.

Pulled off all the random scrap metal and furniture, and there was a Honda ATC 200m burried there. I brought my Sportsman around with my friends jumper cables to attempt a start, and I found the key in the rear storage box. (lol) siphened some gas out of my quad and threw it in, and with a few choked turns, it fired right up :eek: I noticed it burned some oil, other than that, it was great! Pulled it out and rode it back to my friends' camp site, it ran a bit rough, probably cause it had been sitting or its low on oil, but I'm taking it home no matter what. Coincidentally, I wanted to buy a trike as a back up machine before the end of the summer. I got pretty damn lucky. I've seen push mowers and weed wackers get thrown away back there, but never an ATV, a WORKING ATV for that matter. Either someone doesn't know the value of it and just chucked it, or I just had a REALLY good day.

Just thought I'd share that, seeing as other people get pretty lucky on this site, I'm no longer jealous. lol

I'm going to get some new rings so it doesn't burn oil, but after that, should I sell it and make a decent amount of money, or use it? (around here, it would go for about $800) I:I

Pics added!

http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/ad164/Polaris12685/?action=view&current=ATC.jpg

http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/ad164/Polaris12685/?action=view&current=ATClol.jpg

Last edited:
I'll try to get pics. My uploading is crap though. I can't see my own sig pic or any others I uploaded.

I know the pics or it didn't happen policy, I'm on other fourms, but its too late to get pics now, it'll have to wait til tomorrow.

DUMPSTER DIVER !!!!!!!!!! good score

Instead of going to the police station first, I figured I would ask around the park to see if anyone got rid of one, and all I got was 1 person with a big red that had theirs. So I asked the park owner, and he said his grandson had one, and left it there when he sold his trailer and moved out, so the owner just took it down there hoping someone would take it or it would go with the scrap.

Its nice to know it's not stolen, but I still feel like a dick selling it. =P

And my friend took some pics with his camera, waitin for him to email em.