I hope im faster

underdog

Feb 29, 2008
ok this is the story am currently stationed at dyess afb in abilene, texas.....i was bored to death so I bought a 2004 yamaha blaster it has a toomey jet kit and little sh*t.......my 2 friends saw how fun it was and they had some crappy ones from dallas.....today they went out and bought 2008 yamaha raptor 350's.......they are ok at driving do you think i can pull em off if not what do i get........i have money in the bank i wanna get a 240 kit....if you where me what 240 kit would you get......please tell me everything i need....i wanna still use super gas no race fuel......i got a $2000 budget let me know....oh and if i run 20 inch kenda claws what sprocket setup should i use.....I also want a swing arm what should i do....+4 or +6 i do trail ridding and drag......let me know sorry this is a blog if questions just want my blaster to be the top dog...

with a full pipe and reeds and a airbox lid removal with proper jetting... you will beat those craptors... no comparison.

someone else will have to recommend a 240 kit for you.

extended swingarm? i would go +2 .. that's what i am about to do. any longer and you lose one of the blaster's best features... short wheelbase.

and most people who trail ride use 14/40 gearing.

you could also go with a 30mm carb too... that's help with the mods... unless you get the 240 kit, cause then you will need an even bigger carb.

whatever you do, just make sure you jet correctly.

yeah i have full toomey, jet kit, and lid removed, i drove the raptor 350 at the dealership...and it felt slower...but the guy selling my friends one's said it would kill my blaster......so i need reeds whats the best ones....

if you have the cash, get the v-force 3 set up. if you want to keep the stock cage (like i did) get the boyesen pro-series.

you could also get your cylinder head milled down.

you could also lighten your flywheel.

also, you should consider widening your quad.

there are many options for that.. aftermarket axles and a-arms.

or you could get a diamond j widening kit.

you should beef up your suspension too... the stock shock are really really terrible.

my plans as of now is to get the v force 3 setup......diomand j widening kit, yzf 450 front shocks, 2 inch wheels spacers in the back, 400ex back shocks, +4 swinger, some serious porting and polishing and a awsome 240 kit.........but im super stumped on best 240 kit...or even where to start i dont want vito's......but for now....i hope my toomey whoops his raptor 350 ass...

i agree with suprex go with the vforce there the sh*t, in my opinion, but also remember, again like suprex said, take care of ur suspension first, what good is flying wide open if the shocks are gonna buck u off ur ride or bottom out on a sick jump, sh*tcan the stock shocks!

ok bro....so +6 in the fron and +4 in the back is good..........also the +4 swinger i love the look...

my plans as of now is to get the v force 3 setup......diomand j widening kit, yzf 450 front shocks, 2 inch wheels spacers in the back, 400ex back shocks, +4 swinger, some serious porting and polishing and a awsome 240 kit.........but im super stumped on best 240 kit...or even where to start i dont want vito's......but for now....i hope my toomey whoops his raptor 350 ass...

u wont be let done by that setup, thats what i was looking for and is the best investment ive bought good luck!

haha....yeah....we will see they both got the same bike 350 raptor same color and all.......looks real nice makes me wanna go buy some bad ass plastics but im gonna do my reeds and suspension first....

for the 40 over i would go with either vitos or fat bastard they are unbelievably insane when it comes to how much balls you have but hold on cause they are fast lol also get a port nd polish!!! WOW!!I:I=))

cool...im gonna look em up now......so my blaster will pull the 350 all the way through or will they catch me top end.....they also have 6 speed....but i know fist through 3rd ill get em.....i think...lol

you should take the raptor 350s out with no prob. Make sure your air filter is clean too though before you race because believe it or not this can affect your performance alot. Other than that theres not much you can do. Rev the hell out of it when you leave off the line and start in 2nd. Slip the clutch a little to keep the RPMS high while youre leaving. What i usually do is rev it all the way up and dump the clutch and mine will spin the tires about 10 ft then im on my way, but im not sure if you can do that with yours. This advice is if youre racing on asphalt btw.

BLASTER

The ct racing 240 is the best 240 kit out period. For 1500$ you can get basically everything you need to build the whole motor. Then youll still have 500$ to spend on wheels and tires and suspension and all that, so youd be able to meet your budget. Plus itll put you around 40 HP which is more hp than a yfz450 :)

so shoult i get the CT exhaust and loose the toomey....or should i get everything but there exhaust to have more money for suspension...

Lose the toomey, alot of people think its good but the right side pipes are better IMO (if you notice all the high hp 2 stroke dirtbikes and quads and whatnot use the pipes that go along the side of the motor, not bend around infront of it) Like the ct, dynoport, factory 7, lrd, etc. You might be able to get 250-300 for the toomey too so youll win either way. :)

also something i would do is go to rickystator.com and get a timing plate an set it 4 degrees forward it will help with over all performance if u do it right

for the 240 kit i would go with one of Factory 7's kits, much higher quality than vito's and they give you more options, go to factory7atv.com.