I broke it AGAIN!! >:o

Get the nut hot and beat on it lots, it will come.

:):):)My choice of words here sure puts a different slant on getting your nuts off.(an axle):):)

I think I should stop while I am ahead. Oh no, here we go again. :)

Just noticed that I made the big time on a page here... .Using quotations from me attract royalties Slick . :) :) :) Can I use this one from you "I had to cut mine off with a cut off wheel! then i boogered up the axle"

Last edited:
:):):)My choice of words here sure puts a different slant on getting your nuts off.(an axle):):)

I think I should stop while I am ahead. Oh no, here we go again. :)

Just noticed that I made the big time on a page here... .Using quotations from me attract royalties Slick . :) :) :) Can I use this one from you "I had to cut mine off with a cut off wheel! then i boogered up the axle"

Sure! Royalties send me the bill!

as i promised id keep you guys updated. after 5 days of wd-40 3 times a day i finally got the axle nuts off and axle out!! i put the wheels back on and put the nose against the wall. had 2 buddys sit on the back and used a pipe wrench and a 6 foot pipe over top that and finallllllllllllllly got it!!! YES! thanks to everyone for your help, i should have it back going in no time :)

There is a way to tighten the large nuts up properly.

Tighten the inner nut to 40 ft lbs.

Hold the inner nut and tighten the outer nut to 140 ft lbs.

Now hold the outer nut , and loosen the inner nut on to it to 170 ft lbs. The aim is to tighten the two nuts together.

You need to use Loctite or similar nut lock agent on the threads.

Seems like a pain, but that is the way it is supposed to be done.

Now you say, "thats why the beggars were so hard to get off!"

haha didnt know all that about the nuts! thanks guys! ill let yanno how bad i f*ck it up putting it back together :p lol