How To Remove Your TORS (88-02 models)

It is the Throttle Over Ride System. It is meant to give Yamaha service technicians something to do.

LOL....actually it is supposed to be a safety feature to kill the quad if the throttle and carb are not acting together like they should, for example, throttle cable breaks, sticks, etc. To keep it from running away, with or with out you on it. :) But seriously, mostly it causes more problems than it does good.

is that little black box to be removed? cuz i took off that red button from the throttle and wire tied it under my fender....plus i got a new carb and i disconnected the throttle wire cap....so everyting is just hanging and nothing is conected

is that little black box to be removed? cuz i took off that red button from the throttle and wire tied it under my fender....plus i got a new carb and i disconnected the throttle wire cap....so everyting is just hanging and nothing is conected

Hanging is not what you are supposed to do. You need to disconnect, AKA unplug the carb, throttle and brain box on 02 and earlier.

Just a note about newer blasters, they don't have a TORS brain. It is built into the entire computer. You just have to disconect the tors at the throttle body and remove the switch at the accelerator and jump the wires together.

My bike has a total of 7 wires in all i basicaly wiped the whole wiring setup out, i even eliminated 1 stator coil wire cuz it wasn't needed.

Is there any way you could tell me what 7 wires you stile have on yours? I think I have a wiring problem with mine... I just recently bought it off a guy and it hasn't ran in awhile and Im not getting any spark to the plug... I think its something to do with wiring... If anyone has any suggestions on what I should try I would greatly appriciate it...

Reactions: chip27844
Need help...

Bike wouldn't run so i unplugged the TORS from the Carb. ran fine before i removed the full TORS system just wouldn't idle. Just removed my TORS today with the Vito's TORS remover. Removed all the wires. now i have no spark at all. I also recently installed a new Ricky Stator running at +2. Nothing but problems left and right with this bike. need some ideas before i throw it into the road.

Just a note about newer blasters, they don't have a TORS brain. It is built into the entire computer. You just have to disconect the tors at the throttle body and remove the switch at the accelerator and jump the wires together.
So disconnect at the carb and take out the wire in the throttle housing? What wires do you "jump" together?