How To Remove Your TORS (88-02 models)

I have a 2003 and I cannot find the tors box anywhere. i tried to disconnect the harness that comes out of the throttle box but it does if I dont hold the throttle. someone said earlier that on the 03+ theres some mod that has to be done to the cdi box or something. HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY DONE THIS ON A 03+???

you need a kit on the 03+ i tried to do it and it doesnt work... and your tors is located above the carb.. it screws into the carb

ok well can u explain how it helps me exactly cus it sounds like i should remove but ya can u explain to me in easy terms wat it does with/without

if my fuel adjustment screw on the tors does not move the slider, and my blaster revs on startup, could removing the tors fix it?

hi ppl,i have recently taken my carby off & cleaned it and now it wont fire,i got no spark but my oil light & lights work,the owner b4 me has already removed the tors system and handbrake,it has a twist throttle,i think i bumped the wires for the tors when i removed the carby,i have found to stray wires a yellow/black and a black wire,are they for the tors and are they soppose to be earthed out,anyone help i wanna go for a ride.

hi ppl,i have recently taken my carby off & cleaned it and now it wont fire,i got no spark but my oil light & lights work,the owner b4 me has already removed the tors system and handbrake,it has a twist throttle,i think i bumped the wires for the tors when i removed the carby,i have found to stray wires a yellow/black and a black wire,are they for the tors and are they soppose to be earthed out,anyone help i wanna go for a ride.

Should probably start your own thread, but no they are not supposed to be grounded out, if you read through the guide that is in the beginning of this post, it tells you everything you need to know about removing or checking removal of the TORS system.

what r the consequences for taking it off

There are none really. It is supposed to kill the bike if the throttle sticks open, or the throttle and carb aren't working syncronized exact how they should, but none of the older machines have them or many other bikes/atvs/etc. Really it is something that causes problems for so many people, and they cant figure it out. Its just not worth getting stuck out in the middle of nowhere to leave it on.

so has anybody successfully eliminated the tors on an 03' an up or wat. if so how did you do it b/c there is no brain and i have the wire disconnected from where my tors unit used to be on the carb, the wires coming out of my throttle and on the ebrake and its not working... anybody??

2003-2006 Well i just disconnected the E brake sensor and the throttle sensor and the carb sensor(under the front plastic) then i just jumped the wires at the carb I:I