how should i do my suspension for drag racing?

d.shook3

Dec 15, 2010
west virginia
I'm planning on turning my blaster into a drag bike here soon. Plans for engine are taking care of. I'm just wondering what yous are running suspension wise? I was going to get a 4 inch extended swing arm. Should i get longer? What rear shock should i run? What should i do about a-arms and and front shocks?

Anyone who can help please reply.

swing arm depends on he engine work, the longer u go, the less traction u get, so u dont wanna go longer then u need

as for shocks, most people just run steel or moly struts

if everything works out im getting a kx 250 engine for it .80 over kips cylinder 4mm stroker crank vforce3 reeds port polished air shifter all the goodies

a +4 with a wheelie bar would be about right i think...
there is aguy here that ice drags a banshee and runs stud boy snowmobile studs in his tires.. +10? swinger.. guess what?!?!? it spins the tires threw 1st 2nd and 3rd..

the longer you go the less weight on the tires for traction

if everything works out im getting a kx 250 engine for it .80 over kips cylinder 4mm stroker crank vforce3 reeds port polished air shifter all the goodies

better buy your self extra flywheels and stators...

my buddy had a blaster with a kxt250 3 wheeler motor in it(nonpower valve kx motor) and its tore the frame apart 3 times in the 8 months it was together.. and a pipe is gonna be a pain.. best bet for even close to a bolt on pipe to work is a tecate 4 drag pipe

yeah i was thinking about doing +4 swing arm and try running without wheelie bar but being im 125 pounds i know i wont be able to keep it down and will need the wheelie bar

better buy your self extra flywheels and stators...

my buddy had a blaster with a kxt250 3 wheeler motor in it(nonpower valve kx motor) and its tore the frame apart 3 times in the 8 months it was together.. and a pipe is gonna be a pain.. best bet for even close to a bolt on pipe to work is a tecate 4 drag pipe

do the flywheels and stators tend to go bad?

yeah the motor is in a drag bike right now. the guy im buying it from is going to be helping me put it in getting the motor electronics 2 other top ends one is .20 over and the other .40 over all ported and polished air shifter cooling and making my motor mounts all for $500