Hooray For Jetting!

Cochise

May 22, 2007
Tyrone, PA
www.myspace.com
Ok. My friends blaster has the following mods:

ProCircuit Fullsystem
1/2" Reed Spacer (really made a difference!)
No Air box lid.

Currently the main is a DynoJet 220 with the DynoJet needle set in the middle position. It will not idle right unless the fuel screw is seated, which indicates a vac leak somewhere causing a lean condition.

Per the DynoJet instructions, installing a 350 DynoJet main makes it run extremely rich, even when 3 turns out on the A/F Screw. So I gotta ask, WTF?

I have never had this much trouble jetting something.

first off throw away all those dyno jet jets and get genuin mikuni jets.
then it will be easier for us to help you cause with mikuni jets you should be anywere around a 240-280 main jet.
and to check for air leaks spray wd40 around the intake if the motor changes the way it runs then you found your leak.
but usually it will idle high if it has an air leak.
and the A/F screw is only affected my the pilot jet so that means your pilot jetting is off IF you dont have an air leak

YA A 350 IS TOOOO big..i would say between 280-300 depends on ur elevation. i am abotu sea level run a 300 main stroked motor..ur mixture screw is for right off idle..it is used to tune right when u punch throttle..
u have to do that first..what pilot jst did it come with? u should have lika 35-40 i think...have adjusted the idle under the seat on top of tors?

I voted for Mikuni Jets as well. But my friend INSISTED the DJ junk was better. Now he gets to spend more money. I was thinking it should be around a 280. A member on here has a similar setup at similar elevation. I'm not sure what pilot is in it, but should he pick up like 1 size smaller, and 2 sizes bigger than what is in there now as well?

Also in 4th.5th.6th gear, it has like no balls, at all.

He's getting Mikuni jets and ditching the DJ crap, finally, so hopefully by next week it will be running correctly. His goal is to beat a stock 300ex. Right now the 300 RAPES his blaster, and even I know this isnt right.

ya he should be puttin the smack down on a stock 300,,,no doutb about that unless he is like 400lbs and the 300 rider is 80lbs///

He weighs 150lbs, on a Blaster with: 18x10x8 rear tires, 14/40 gearing, no lid, full system, reed spacer.

300EX is bone stock with the exception of 20x10x9 rear tires and ride weighs like 170.

I figure he should run not to far away from my KFX, even with my mods. But from start to finish I put almost 20 lengths between me and him in a distance of about 1/8 or more. Not exactly sure how long the run is.

He's getting Mikuni jets and ditching the DJ crap, finally, so hopefully by next week it will be running correctly. His goal is to beat a stock 300ex. Right now the 300 RAPES his blaster, and even I know this isnt right.

well next time he gets beat by a 300ex point and laughI:I

lol I agree. Stock for stock my blaster would beat my buddies 300ex with no problem. Now it's the 400's I like chasing down, own them eveywhere except on the road.