Help blaster idles high.

Chad Kooienga

Apr 16, 2020
My blaster idles extremely high tellon start up. Before you just tell me to do a leak down I just did and it holds six psi for an hour with out dropping any. I had it running fine before the leak down but I am kinda new to jetting so I did a leak down test and it poured out the Reed boot. So I fixed all that.

Mods
Fmf fatty
Turbine core two
Uni air filter

Jetting currently
Main 280
Pilot 27.5
Stock needle in the second to the top position.
Stock needle jet

My question is, is the tiny bit of exhaust coming out of the header making that much of a difference? Should I drop my clip one or two? Should my pilot go up or is it a combo of these sceinarios?

Might have bumped something while working on it. Open throttle fully then let go quickly, while not running. You should be able to hear the slide slam shut (snap) Try reducing idle screw, NOT the air screw. TORS brick on top, or tors delete screw on left side.

Reactions: Slydog
My blaster idles extremely high tellon start up. Before you just tell me to do a leak down I just did and it holds six psi for an hour with out dropping any. I had it running fine before the leak down but I am kinda new to jetting so I did a leak down test and it poured out the Reed boot. So I fixed all that.

Mods
Fmf fatty
Turbine core two
Uni air filter

Jetting currently
Main 280
Pilot 27.5
Stock needle jet

My question is, is the tiny bit of exhaust coming out of the header making that much of a difference? Should I drop my clip one or two? Should my pilot go up or is it a combo of these sceinarios?
Have you adjusted the idle screw under the seat?

Mods
Fmf fatty
Turbine core two
Uni air filter

Jetting currently
Main 280
Pilot 27.5
Stock needle jet

Stock carb? Stock pilot is 32.5 which is what you need. Needle in the middle position.. And check out your throttle like was mentioned above.check where it goes into tors also.